𝙏𝙖𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙇𝙤𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙙

There was, however, no possibility of depressing me at such a distressing time. Thought Ayanna her eyes fixed on the menu. The waiter who was waiting for a signal to accept her order grew impatient as she was staring at the menu card without flipping the sides.

"Excuse me, Ma'am, what would you like to order?" the waiter finally muttered with a casual hint of impatience.

"One Hot cocoa with cream and cookies" Ayanna replied hastily handing over the menu.

" Your order will be ready in ten minutes Ma'am," the waiter said adjusting the menu cards in the black leather file.

He zoomed towards the kitchen in hurried steps to hand over the order. Ayanna heard his distinct shout of "One hot cocoa with cream and cookies to table number eight" and saw him attend to another customer who seemed to be frustrated.

Five minutes flew by and it was 05:48 pm, even though it was the end of March the wind outside was cruel and piercing against the roof of the café. Not everyone was focused on the weather change outside. Everyone had their heads turned towards the TV screen that displayed a ' Breaking News '. Apparently, a committee had been declared including military officers to research and find facts about the sudden death toll of children that has shown a rapid increase for the past few months.

Ayanna's lips curled up into a slight smile which vanished away quickly as the waiter arrived with her order. She thanked the waiter and he whisked away quickly when a new customer arrived with a flushed face looking frantically around.

"One vanilla milkshake please" the man replied in a rush noticing that Ayanna was looking at him. He smiled sweetly at her.

"Oh! And I'd like to order a few more things"

"Take a look at our menu Sir and order to your likes," the waiter said handing over the menu.

He browsed through the menu a couple of times and ordered two burger buns which included French fries as an appetizer.

"Thank you for your order, we will be within you shortly" the waiter replied and marched off towards the kitchen.

Ayanna looked away realizing that she had been looking at him for too long. She diverted her attention towards the screen and noticed that news had been over and it had been replaced with a SpongeBob episode, she sipped the hot drink admiring its aromatic taste. Hot Cocoa is the subject of stress-relieving and she enjoyed it to her fullest.

Ayanna observed around the café and noticed that people were talking in hushed tones, it was obvious that they were talking about the national threat. She saw that parents moved their children closer to them and take away the electronic gadgets they were using.

Kids were in hysterics, it was an uncontrollable situation, they weren't taking the situation very well and their parents looked hopeless. The strange man next to her had a sad smile plastered across his face, he looked around in such frantic movements.

Ayanna found it so amusing that it had affected him so much. She decided to have a conversation with him, so she collected her belongings and marched over to the table where he sat.

She cleared her throat and held out her hand.

"Hi, I am Ayanna. Nice to meet you" she spoke in an orderly manner.

He furrowed his brows and looked flustered.

"Do I know you?" he exclaimed in a bewildered tone.

"Sorry," she said derisively in an undertone.

"Oh... Well," he was lost in words when Ayanna held out her hand again. He dug deep into her eyes giving her a cold hard stare, he tensed up and looked away.

"Is it so hard for you to give out your hand for a girl?" she questioned and returned the cold stare. She made a quick move and grabbed his hand.

"Hello Stranger I am Ayanna nice to meet you," she said sweetly

"Umm," he gulped and pulled his hand away. He looked down and noticed that his shoelace that has been undone, he bent down to tie it up when he caught a glimpse of a shiny black metal sticking out of the carpet.

"Boss target locked" he whispered trying to keep his head low.