Long Story

A/N:  I was very surprised to have a couple comments and votes on this fan fiction.  Up until recently, I was honestly planning on calling it quits on this one.  Then I thought: who am I to let fans down?  Even if there's one person out in the world that likes and appreciates this story, I should continue it.  I must admit, I've forgotten where I was going with it, so please bear with me.  I'll get my groove back soon.  I kinda remember what I wanted to do with it now.  :-)  Thank you guys for encouraging me!

I woke up to a burning inside my body.  It is only faint, however.  It looks like I am in one of Julia's hospital beds.  Did I hurt myself?  I can't remember much at the moment, but the dull burning plus the fact that I am attached to monitors and what not in Julia's clinic makes me wonder, what have I done?  I wish I knew what day it was.  After feeling the stubble on my unshaven face and noticing how stiff my body was, I could guess it's been a few days since I've been awake.  I try to think of the last thing I did.  I know the girls and I were playing outside.  I think Nicolette may have cut herself playing.  Where are the girls, anyway?  Usually they were by my side, wanting my full attention. 

As I rake my foggy memory for details, the door opens.  I look up to see Julia come into the room. 

"Glad to see you're awake and well, Kai.  I was very worried about you, as were the girls."  I looked at her and replied, "What happened?  And where are the gilrs anyway?" 

"It's a long story, Kai.  I'm not sure how exactly to tell you.  I will say that Lexi is being kept safely away.  Nicolette is hiding in her room.  Nicki is very upset.  Also, you have been out for about four days.  It seems that your body has taken to the change smoothly.  I put you into an induced coma to keep the pain from being too severe."

I was trying to wrap my brain around everything Julia had just told me.  Nothing made sense.  Why would Lexi be kept away, and why was Nicolette upset?  Did they get into a fight?  That wouldn't account for the fact that Julia was talking about me being put into a drug induced coma, nor would it account for whatever "the change" was. 

Then it hit me.

I began to remember bits and pieces of what happened.  The sun was setting.  I was drinking the delicious salty plum drink Lexi fixed for Nicki and me.  The salty plum drink!  Mine was slightly darker than Nicolette's was! 

I remembered something Lexi said about me being with her forever. 

She made me her chevalier!

My eyes widened in shock.  I looked at Julia, who looked back at me with a confirming look.   

I am a chevalier.

Lexi made me hers. 

I am ALEXIA'S CHEVALIER!

I didn't know what to do.  My niece, my flesh and blood, made me into her...her...slave!

Julia spoke up and said, "Your change from human to chevalier went smoothly, as I have already mentioned.  We didn't want to let Lexi have access to you while you were comatose, so we locked her up in her room.  If you are okay with it, we should probably let her out.  She may wish to see you.  I'm sure she's worried about you."

I had to think about it for a while.  I didn't want her to be too upset, but I was highly angry at her.  I knew I didn't want to see her at the moment, but I also didn't want her to turn out like Diva.

Diva, who was locked up in a tower for the first small part of her life, is...was the mother of Lexi and Nicolette.  Because she was kept locked away and treated like an animal, Diva was full of hate.  I didn't want that to happen to Lexi, no matter how angry I was with her at the moment.

"Let her out to be free please, Julia.  I'm not ready to see her now, though."  Julia replied, "I understand.  Hopefully, so will Lexi."  Julia walked out the clinic door. 

As I was thinking to myself about Saya and Kaji, the door bust open.  Standing in the now-broken door frame was an image from my past.  One that I did not expect to see so soon.