~Backstory~

"C'mon..if you don't get up your not getting your gift", a gruff yet calm voice said from across the room. You groaned tiredly and rolled out of bed, falling flat on your face once you came in contact with the floor. It was slightly painful, but at least it woke you up. You slowly stood up and changed into a different set of clothes. As you slipped your arms into the holes of your top, the realization hit you and the feeling of excitement began to fill your soul. Today was your 7th birthday and your parents had promised you a pair of earrings. You bolted out of your room to the front door where your parents were waiting for you.

"There you are lovely!" your mother exclaimed as she stretched her arm to grab your hand. You grabbed her hand with your left, then your father's in your right. "You look excited! I wonder why that is.." she jested while tapping her chin with her free hand. 

"It's my birthday today mom!" you replied, walking along with your parents by your side.

"Really? That's crazy..you're growing too fast pumpkin" , she sighed, looking over to your father.

"I know right? It's kind of sad if I'm being honest.." , your father agreed. You tilted your head confused.

"Why would that be sad? Amazing things happen when I get older" you told them, " Like when I get taller! Or when I get things!" your parents chuckled at your innocents and nodded to your statements. "Wait...wait!" you shouted suddenly. You tugged your parent's arms, making them stop walking. "It's time for me to fly!" you started walking again and your parents swung their arms up at the same time, making you swing high in the air. Once you landed on the ground you let go of your parent's hands and ran ahead of them. "that one was soooooooo high!" you exclaimed, raising your arms in the air for extra effect. You turned and spotted the jewelry stand where you were getting your earrings from. You ran off to get there before your parents. Not paying attention to your surroundings, you bumped into someone causing them to scream.

"No,no,no! It's gonna blow! Take cover!" the girl you bumped into hid behind a nearby crate and covered her eyes. You tilted your head and picked up the thing she had dropped. Nothing happened, which honestly disappointed you, and you went over to the blue haired girl to give it back. "It didn't work again.." she whined as she took her thing back. Before you could get a word in, she ran off. You were going to run after her but you spotted your parents and your mind was focused on your birthday gift once again. You walked over to the stand and grabbed the pair of earrings you have wanted for months now. They were silver drop earrings, with diamonds on the bottom of them. You honestly didn't care for the diamonds, you just loved how dangly they were.

"Thanks for saving these for me!" you thanked the stand's owner and turned to show them to your parents. Your mom helped you put them in your ears as your dad gave the clerk the money. You giggled with excitement and spun around with your earrings on. 

"They look lovely," your mother complemented as she clapped. You grinned and turned to show them off to your father but he wasn't looking in your direction. You tapped his back to get his attention but he didn't turn. You looked to see what he was looking at and spotted a group of people walking down the streets. They looked like enforcers but something was off. Your mother grabbed your shoulders from behind and pulled you closer to her. As the group of people were walking past you, they stopped. One of them looked at you and spoke.

"This one."

"W-what.." your mother questioned, her voice coated with fear. Before you could process what was going on, the person grabbed your arm and pulled you away from your mother and began to take you away. "No! Stop please! Why are you doing this?" she screamed as her eyes filled with tears. 

"Give me my-" you dad started, walking forward. Another person in the  strange group tossed a ginormous bag of money onto the floor. "Are you trying to buy my daughter? That's disgusting..give her back to me." The man who was grabbed you was now walking  away with you. You yanked and screamed and stopped walking but he dragged you away anyways. Despite everything you did he would not let you go. You turned to look at your parents and reached your hand out to them. Your father was now aggressive, attempting to fight with the group of people. Your mother tried to run to get you but was also stopped by the group. The group drew their weapons and suddenly your parents were silent. Your eyes widened and filled with tears at the sight. A shriek escaped your mouth as you were dragged away from the scene. Eventually, you just stopped trying to fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next thing you knew, you were in a room. It was nothing like you had seen before. You looked in the mirror and looked at yourself. Your [h/c] hair was dyed a shade of blue and straightened. It was put into a half up- half down style with clips pinning back your front pieces (or bangs if u have any). Your clothes had changed into a fancy, ginormous purple dress with gold lace on the edges. Your shoes were now slippers with tiny wedges that made u slightly taller than your normal height. The earrings you had now were gold studs that looked like roses. 'These earrings are pretty..' you thought. "My earrings!" you shouted as you searched around the room in a panic. You eventually found them in a drawer and put them on. You sat down on the bed and laid back. As you remembered what had happened earlier you began to tear up. But the door opened and stopped you from thinking about it. A girl with long blue hair peaked in and gasped.

"Oh my! It's quite the mess in here..I guess you have settled in then." the girl spoke with a slight accent. 

"What do you want?" you questioned, with a tint of anger in your tone.

"I'm Caitlyn..my mother says that your my little sister now. So I wanted to introduce myself to the new member of the family." she explained, walking closer to where you were laying. She sat next you you and you rolled to your side, avoiding making eye contact. "We have to go now..but we can talk more later..if you'd like?"

"Go? Go..where?" 

"To the ceremony of  course! You're the gifted child! Everyone can't wait to see you." she grabbed your hand and guided you out of the room and down a hallway. Everything looked so different from what you were used to.  She led you through another door and placed you in front of a woman. She whispered into your ear "This is mum she wants to talk with you..meet me here once this is all done okay?" she smiled and walked off to another group of people.

"Welcome to Piltover young one!" the woman smiled and lifted her arms.

"P-Piltover..what-why..I.." you were at a loss of words, " Why am I here..and why did that group of people..hurt my parents?" 

"Group of people..hurting your parents? Stop spouting nonsense child! This is your home now..I've adopted you from the undercity so you have a better chance in life! Everyone can't wait to meet you!" the woman spoke as she patted you on the back, pushing you forward. A curtain that was once in front of you rose and a crowd appeared. It was huge, frightening even. Your whole body shook with fear. The woman began to speak into a microphone,  "Everyone..this  is a momentous occasion! A child from the undercity, living in Piltover! This shows that anything is possible here and how we really do care for everyone in the undercity! This child is proof that Piltover and the underground are one! Let us all welcome the Gifted Child with open arms!"