~Chapter 2~

A/N: This is during episode 4 / after the timeskip

You walked around the fair with the children with a smile on your face. This one good thing you got from being the "Gifted child". You got to skip work to hang out with children and actually help the community. You were an enforcer even though you hated them. You only did it for two reasons and two reasons only. 1.) Caitlyn begged you to do it with her. She said if you did it then her parents would be more likely to let her do it. You didn't want to take away her dream so you eventually agreed. 2.) because deep down in your heart you wanted a reason to go back to the undercity. You weren't allowed in any other situation but if duty calls, they can't NOT let you go..right?

"If your a gifted child..do you not get gifts?" a young girl asked you. You chuckled and showed her your earrings.

"These were a gift from my-" you stopped yourself before finishing the sentence. Everyone in Piltover believed you were an orphan before you were brought here. "My friends gave this to me! Pretty right?" you asked, tilting your head. The girl nodded and admired the earrings.

"I wish I could get thingies like those! But I don't have earholes.." she said, face tinted pink from embarrassment .

"Hey, hey that's okay!" you reassured, ruffling her hair. "Maybe someday I can get you a pair when your older." the girl's eyes brightened and she began to jump around excitedly. A boy in the group of kids you were with tugged on your dress. "What is it?" you asked gently. The boy pointed at a candy apple stand nearby. "You wanna go get some?" he nodded and you could tell he was really shy. "Okay let's goo!" you said, kneeling down to his level, offering him a piggyback ride. He got on your back and you did a little spin, causing the boy to laugh.

"Y/N!" you heard someone yell. You turned to look and it was an enforcer running towards you. You sighed and put the boy down. The boy let out an upset whine but you had to go see what was wrong. You walked over to the enforcer and he filled you in. "Something happened and the Sheriff wants you to investigate." You were always the first one at the crime scene, they made sure of it. Just in case anything bad were to happen, they would want the girl from the Undercity to deal with it instead of anyone else. You knew that was the real reason, even though Caitlyn was convinced it was because you were 'talented'. You handed the kids each enough money to get the candy apples and ran to get changed into your uniform.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~When you arrived at the scene Caitlyn was already there. You smirked and walked over to her. "Psh. I knew you would be here already. Aren't you supposed to be guarding mom's tent?" you teased earning an eye roll from her. You began to walk up the ramp onto the craft and you turned to see Caitlyn staring at you with her god-awful attempt at puppy eyes. You could see how much it was taking her to restrain herself from getting on. You fake-sighed from annoyance and motioned to her to come with you. She smiled and ran behind you. "Calm yourself woman" you snickered and walked onto the boat. Your foot hit something on the floor and you took a picture with your camera. "Do your 'investigation' thingy I'mma make sure its safe." you told her as you searched the ship. You opened the hatch and jumped down, turning on your flashlight. You saw a person tied up and walked over to him. "Hey..are you okay? What happened here?" you questioned, checking for wounds.

"I didn't do anything! She's crazy!" he exclaimed, clearly in pain.

"Hey,Hey calm down..it's okay breath" you said, spotting a gunshot wound on him.

"She shot me." he confessed.

"I see...okay so I'm gonna do something and it's gonna seem really weird and its gonna hurt for one second and you will feel so much better after...but you have to relax okay? " he nodded and you pulled a small vial out of a secret pocket under your uniform. Nobody except you knew it was there.