~Chapter 3~

A couple of minutes felt like hours as you boredly waited for Caitlyn outside. You swayed back and forth on the balls of your feet and sighed. A part of you contemplated turning back and going home but you were too interested. Caitlyn came to this prison out of the blue and you had no idea what was going through her brain. A ray of light appeared in the darkness as you turned to look where it was coming from. The door to the building had opened and Caitlyn stepped out, a pink haired girl following close behind. Your head slightly tilted to the side in confusion but you remained in the shadows.

"We should probably go get you some other clothes so it doesn't look like I'm traveling the city with a felon." Caitlyn stated as she began walking towards the plaza.

"Finally. The stripes make my eyes hurt like hell." the pink haired person replied sarcastically as they followed. 

Caitlyn guided the pink haired person to the plaza and looked around to see if any of the stores were open at the time. You decided to reveal yourself due to the fact that you couldn't control your curiosity. You took a deep breath and turned the corner swiftly, pretending as if you didn't know Caitlyn was there.

"Oh? Caity? What are you doing here at this hour?" you questioned. The two people turned to look at you.

"Y/N? Shouldn't I be asking you the same thing? You aren't one to go out when you don't have any duties...normally you would be lazily lying around at home.." she countered,lifting her hand to her chin. You shrugged and turned your attention to the pink haired person. 

"Who's that?" you asked, gesturing to the random pink haired lady.

"This is Violet, she's helping me with the Glimmer case-"

"It's not helping if I'm doing it unwillingly" Violet groaned as she rolled her eyes slightly.

You chuckled lightly as her unenthusiastic statement and began to go to a thrift store nearby. "I'm gonna look for some clothes so you don't have to wear that treacherous thing." you explained as you walked away. You walked into the building and grabbed a hoodie, a shirt and different bottoms. Digging in your pockets, you grabbed a lot more money than needed and sat in on the desk. The cashier insisted that he didn't need the money but you refused to take it back and went outside. You shouted, "Heads Up!" moments before tossing the newly purchased clothes over to Violet. She nodded in appreciation and walked over to a public restroom to change. Caitlyn walked over to you and you stared at her.

"Your giving me the look, I can feel it." she blurted out of the blue.

"The look? What look?" you retorted sarcastically, crossing your arms.

" The "" this idea is ridiculously stupid but I'm gonna go with it anyway"" look" she said, using finger quotes. " It's the same look you gave me when I said I wanted to be an enforcer". 

"Oooohh, yeah I'm definitely giving you that look. But like- in a good way? y'know? I actually like this plan for once. And here I was thinking you were stupid"

"Thanks!" she replied proudly with a smile. "Wait,wait. You thought I was stupid?" she hissed, realizing what you had just said.

"Umm- look who's back!" you declared, quickly changing the subject.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The sun had now risen and the sound of bells ringing was filling the air. Violet stood to the side, staring down at the undercity.  You've been doing that for years now, hoping you could go back someday. " I heard the Bathysphere has a nice view...that could be a good way to get a lay of the land." Caitlyn stated.