6

I got up and stretched my arms in the air. "I'm gonna get changed into something comfier then get started, you can stay there and keep listening to music though" She stood up.

"No no i'll help you,, you already have basic stuff here like appliances so whats really in the boxes?" she asked, watching me rummage through one of the boxes for clothes. I picked out the popular hello kitty pj trousers and a blank, white short sleeved top.

"Oh god, are you one of those toxic tiktok hello kitty girls?"

"No they're just cute look at them!" I held them up for her to see. "They're okay.."

"Well I think they're cute" I walked into the bathroom and closed the door to change. I hung my uniform on a hanger and hung it behind the bathroom door.

I walked out, expecting to see mary but she wasnt there. Did she leave?

"Mary, did you leave?"

"I'm in your room" I skipped to my room. I peeked through my door.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"I was going to try building this for you but theres no pictures so I dont know where anything goes" She was trying to build my dresser. Quite a few of the boxes were of shelves and things like that, that my parents had ordered specifically for when I moved in here instead of taking old things with me.

"Let me help" I sat down next to her and started reading the instructions.

•••

A few hours later, it was night and we had more or less done everything. I was scrolling through tiktok with headphones on and Mary had fallen asleep next to me on my bed. My phone started ringing and I nearly shit myself.

It was yuki so I immediately answered but I muted whilst I got up and walked out the room, it was weird not seeing boxes by the front door. I sat on the couch and unmuted myself.

after five minutes of being on the phone, I didn't tell her about the gambling thing..I heard my name being loudly whispered. I looked to the left of me to see mary. Her hair was a mess, she moves around a lot in her sleep so i'm not surprised.

"okay yuki I'm gonna go get ready for bed, love youu" she wished me goodnight and the phone call ended. By now she had sat on the couch beside me.

"You couldn't have spoken louder if you tried" I rolled my eyes. "Don't be overdramatic"

"Was that your girlfriend?"

"wh- no!?"

"Jeez I only asked, well you said you loved her so"

"You don't tell Yumeko or Ryota that you love them?"

"ew no, I'd rather drink bleach" She's so dramatic for no reason.

"Do you love mee?" I rested my chin on her shoulder and looked at her, air puffed into my lips. "No. I'd hang myself before I'd get close to loving you." my eyebrows furrowed and I swallowed the air in my mouth

"Is it that hard to be nice to me"

"Yes, it takes all the energy I don't have out of me"