1

March 1, 2021, 8:25 AM
"Hey loser!"
"Fuck off, you don't want to mess with me." Derik says.
"Oh no, the new kid is threatening me, I'm so scared." The bully says sarcastically. Derik walks away.
"Hey, you're the new kid, right?" A new person asks.
"Yeah." Derik replies.
"What's your name"
"Derik, what's yours?"
"Sam."
"Nice name."
"Thanks, I came up with it myself. I like yours too."
"Hey, can I get your number?"
"Yeah, sure, it's 1 6 4 1 6 25 08 91."
✭✭✭
"Hey mom, why did we have to move? I had to leave my best friend and boyfriend!" Derik yells
"You know why, I got a job offer, we couldn't survive with me not having a job in LN." His mom says sympathetically but stern. "I'm sorry we had to move here."
"Why couldn't you get a job closer instead of halfway across the country to the fucking corn state?!"
"Hey! Watch your language! Plus, it's not the corn state, it's the Hawkeye State."
"How is that better!?"
"Y'know what, I'm done arguing with you, go to your room!"
"Hell, you're only saying that because you know I'm right!"
"I said go to your room, Derik!"
"Fine! But all of this toxic parenting will get you nowhere in this mother-son relationship, it will just drive us further apart. You'll regret it in the future when I'm not there by your side when you fall and can't get back up because you're too weak and you die."
"The only thing that will drive us apart is your disrespectful attitude towards me!"
"It's not disrespectful to talk back to someone, prove someone wrong, or call them out on something! That's how a goddamn conversation works!" Derik goes to the bathroom, where a gun safe is stored, locks the door, opens the gun case, loads the gun, and fires it.