7

September 20, 2022, 9:49am
“Holy shit.” Derik whispers, staring at a ton of files on him, other mafia members, and Don himself, he clicks on the file, “Impossible,” the file says how Don Desmond is actually Donavin Smith, Derik’s dad. “no wonder I recognized him, I saw him in old pictures, how could I not tell. I need to get this to the police.” As luck would have it, he has a meet with them that day.
✭✭✭
“If I can get a flashdrive, I can get all of the data you would ever want.”
“Alright, it’ll  take a few days, but we can get it.” Zhane says.
“Ok,” Derik says “I hope I have that long.”
“Why do you say that?”
“I have a feeling they’re onto me.”
“That ain’t good, here’s a burner phone, text 111 to the contact, we’ll know what it means.” Zhane hands Derik an almost calculator looking phone. “Stay safe.”
“I’ll try.”
“Good luck.” Zhane shakes Derik’s hand.
“I’ll need it.” Derik smirks.
✭✭✭
“Derik, where the fuck have you been!?” Don snaps.
“Running some errands, god, I’ve been working for you for over a year and you still don’t trust me. Here’s your fucking milk.” Derik mockingly says while shoving a milk jug at Don.
“Be quicker next time, we have a mole so I can’t trust very many people right now.”
“What? How do you know there’s a mole?”
“I found a keystroke tracker installed on my computer, can you think of anyone that could’ve done that?”
“I can’t think of anyone, no. Maybe your hitguy, I mean, he’s away a lot.”
“That’s a good point, I’ll look into it.”
✭✭✭
A gunshot rings out throughout the headquarters; Don walks up to Derik.
“You were right, I looked into him and he used to work for the FBI, that fucker. Looks like you got yourself a promotion.” Don says.
“Wait, what!?” Derk says, flabbergasted; he just guessed the hitman to alleviate any pressure on him.
“Yeah, you’re the new hitman, congrats, you get full access to the armory, your first hit is this girl Helena Branch, she fucked me over with some drugs, didn’t par up. She owes me twenty thousand. If you do this, you’ll get that money.
✭✭✭
Derik approaches a large white mansion with a triangle, shingled, black, roof. He scans the sides of the house for any ladder type thing to climb up on. He has a knife in a pocket on his gray sweatshirt and a pistol in a holster on his hip. “Thank god this place is secluded up on a hill, so I can use this pistol.” Derik thinks. He sees a trellis leading up to the second floor where there is a small ledge that he can just barely fit on, but it leads to a slightly open window. Derik sneaks to the side of the house and climbs up, he gets to the roof-ledge and almost slips, he regains his balance. The burner phone buzzes, a message from Zhane, it says he has the flash drive.
Derik texts he will be there soon, though he’s not sure when exactly he’ll get there. Derik slides beside the window, he peeks his head over, the coast is clear, he slowly slides the window open far enough for him to be able to slip in, he ducks down into the house. A lady walks through a door at the end of the room, it seems to be a dining room, he slips under the table. Derik bumps his head on the bottom of the table, the lady lets out a small yelp then goes to investigate the sound. She bends down to look under the table, Derik pulls out his knife and cuts her ankle, the lady screams and collapses to the ground.
Derik hears footsteps rushing toward the area, he gets out from under the table, he then sees that the lady is Helena, she’s still screaming. Derik stabs her in the chest, she goes limp. The rushing stops and he can hear someone calling the police. Derik looks up, seeing 2 people looking at him in terror, and another frantically talking on the phone with the police, he pulls out his gun and shoots them, 1 shot each, dead. He sees a sword mounted on the wall "That'll be a nice souvenir." After grabbing the sword, he takes a picture on the phone Don provided him and runs out of the house to an escape car.
He drives down the hill, he slows down when he gets on a main road, just as he drives off, police go speeding by, not giving one look toward Derik. He drives to the meeting place where he finds Zhane.
“Took you long enough.” Zhane says, clearly bored.
“Sorry, had some things to do.”
“Whatever, here’s your flash drive.”
“Thanks.”
✭✭✭
“Ok, the username is DHS1972, how the fuck didn’t I notice at this point, goddamn, and the password is Seregfds237SXbnk!@7xdc, definitely auto generated. Good thing I wrote it down.” Derik thinks. The computer displays “access granted”. Derik plugs in the flash drive and copies all of the files. An alert signals. The computer alerted Don of the files being copied, they get done copying as Don runs into the room Derik slips the drive into his pocket and texts 111 to 911.
“You better have a great fucking explanation.”
“I-” Derik stutters. Don pulls out a gun and points it at Derik, just then, sirens blare.
“What have you done!?” Don retracts the gun and runs to the doors. Derik texts Sam his location. Guns blare for the next 20 minutes, Derik just sits on the comfy chair in the office, now it’s more than just Don firing, it’s also the 12 other people there. Just then, the shots cease, Derik hears Sam yell out for help. Derik runs to the entrance, where Don has Sam at gunpoint, just as he’s about to run at Don when a gun fires, the one pointing at Sam, one half of a second later, another gun fires hitting Don in the chest, they both collapse, along with Derik.