9.

𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐄
𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐃, 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐈
𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟔

JESS AND YELENA HAD BECOME ODDLY CLOSE, especially since they were "sworn enemies". it could have possibly been because they were stuck together for weeks, or maybe it was just genuine friendship. 

"well, you're marked as safe for now. we do still have to turn you in to authorities," jess announced on a particularly cold afternoon. 

"oh yay! i get to leave this dump!" yelena exclaimed, but she didn't sound so excited about the fact. 

"aw, what's the matter, sweetie? jail cell not good enough for you?" jess asked in her teasing baby voice. 

yelena shot her a look. "yes, actually. i'd like a semi-comfortable bed at least." 

"i'm afraid you won't get so lucky," scott commented from a cozy armchair. he'd been half-dead since his arrival that morning, eyes glued to his phone, probably texting hope or cassie. 

"of course you would know, ex-convict," yelena sneered. 

"one thing i will miss is this," jess chuckled, pointing at the two. 

scott rolled his eyes and turned on his side, once again giving his undivided attention to his phone. 

"someone's on their period," yelena giggled, tossing a piece of paper at him. her hands were almost always kept untied since the first time they got free; however, her legs were kept binded more, as to not risk her running away.

"oh yeah? i think you're on your period, you- you.... you meanie," scott growled weakly, like a puppy. 

"friendly reminder, i can't get my period! my uterus was ripped out," yelena smiled sinisterly. 

"ugh, you're so gross." 

"alright, enough fighting ladies," jess sighed, "we gotta get yelena to an airport." 

𝐒𝐓. 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐈𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐍𝐓. 𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓, 𝐌𝐎
𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟔

"you know what's weird?" jess said while they waited for their plane, "i think i might miss you, yelena." 

"that is weird," yelena giggled, "but i'll miss you too, agent bing." 

"oh god, not that stupid nickname," jess laughed and hit yelena lightly on the shoulder. 

"what? does it remind you too much of the day i kicked your ass?" yelena laughed with her. 

"ooh--," jess cringed at the thought of the fight, "honestly? a little. it's also a horrible butchering of my last name. just call me jess, we've established this." 

"i see, i see. if you insist, jessy," yelena complied, kind of. she shut up for a little at least. moments after, she put her head on jess's shoulder, "when's the plane gonna be here? i'm tiiired," she looked up at jess innocently. she never does shut up, not for long at least.

jess blushed slightly and coughed awkwardly into her fist. "uhh.. not- not for a while, you can just nap if you want." 

"mm," yelena yawned, "okay." 

jess just smiled and put her head back, intending to fall asleep as well.