𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 - "ɪ ɮᮇᮇᮅ ʏᎏ᎜ʀ ʜᎇʟ᎘, ᮀɮᮅ ꜱᎏᎍᎇʙᎏᎅʏ ᎇʟꜱᎇ'ꜱ."

get spoiled w a speedy chapter yall. im literally speed. ur welcome <3

Takemichi has just been rejected from his dream college. Admittedly, he should've expected this. In high school, he'd never been good at anything, at studying- and he can't even remember much from high school. It feels like a haze; all he can remember is exhaustion and guilt. Mostly, he remembers the nightmares- sometimes he'd fall asleep, seeing his middle school days. He watches his best days in middle school- and when it all fell apart. Then.. he's left unable to do anything, just as he once had done.

He'd always regretted just.. abandoning his friends.

The loneliness had ruined him. He'd been better with his friends, always.

He misses middle school. It's dumb of him. Immature, even. But...he'd liked it. He missed his friends; the ones that accepted his tears and his clumsiness.

At nineteen, Takemichi completed high school fairly recently. He tears up, wondering how it came to this. His apartment is disgusting- in middle school, it'd been better, because his friends always helped him clean up. He'd been broke, but had thought he'd get a good-paying job. Now, he barely got enough to get food- his parents payed for rent, but he payed for his other needs.

He gets a knock on his door. That's new; he hasn't ordered anything, nor would anybody be busy, so he gets up, ready to tell the delivery person that they're at the wrong apartment.

He opens the door, and the woman in front of him holds no package and is in no uniform. Rather, she looks disheveled and exhausted. There's something.. haunted in her eyes.

She looks dead - or sickly, at least. Oh, god, maybe she'd been walking to her apartment and felt so sick she needed immediate help.

"Ma'am, do you need help, you look sick-" he offers, raising his arms to maybe help support her.

She glared at him, and he flinched.

"I'm not sick," her voice was surprisingly calm and...soft(?)...considering the death-glare she had just sent him, "but..I do need help. Your help."

"Why would you need," Takemichi pointed to himself while asking, "my help?"

He knew his worth; of which there was none. So why would this woman be asking for his help?

"Because- because I need you to fix something. I made a mistake, and now-" she cut herself off, taking a few moments to breathe, "I need your help, and somebody else's."

Takemichi frowned, "Ma'am, I'd love to help, but please could you give me more info-?"

Once more, she glared at him, before sighing, "I apologize. I'm not normally this- rude, you're a nice person, but I.."

Her voice was shaking as she continued what she was saying, "I need to fix this. I can't- I can't just..."

She sounded close to sobbing.

"Please.." she whispered, sounding ashamed of herself.

Takemichi found his heart tugging. God damn empathy.

"Al..alright. I'll help. As long as it isn't dangerous-"

"Alright."

Her voice was no longer shaking; rather, she seemed.. hopeful.

"So what did you need-"

He was interrupted by her saying, "Sorry for this."

Next thing he knew, his vision was black.