𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 - ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ

ok hello readers chapter note is this: i have no fucking clue what izana's backstory is. the gist i got was he was adopted by emma's mom and he really liked the idea of family and liked shin. thats all ik. he dropped emma off or something and then,, was an orphan?? i dont know. dont come for me. all i know is he's being adopted by the reader okay. thats it that's the chap it's reader adopting izana.wiki confused me.

just accept it all as canon in this universe <3

anyways izana pov and then yn pov for this chap !!! probably.

It had been two years since Izana left Emma. 

He did not make it a habit to be kind to himself other than the occasional unsent letter (despite how difficult it was to write, so half of it ended up drawings) to his 'older brother'.  It was difficult in the orphanage, but not more difficult than the growing grief in his chest. Yes, that was the word, he decided. It felt just like when his mom left, when he left Emma on that porch, when he discovered he had 'family', but none of them were really his. 

But he allowed himself to write, to imagine what it would be like if he did contact Shinichiro or Emma, if he could ever be happy.

(When did he get all this sadness? Was he born with it? Did he wake one day and was sad and never stopped?)

There were small things he got to do, because the orphanage was in a bad shape anyways. They were fed three meals, sure, but they were normally just white rice with bland chicken, enough to live on but not much else. His stomach was never completely full, but it was better than before when he and Emma would go through the fridge and try to eat what they could. Most of what they could eat went to Emma, because she was still so tiny. 

..Had she grown? Would she forget him? 

Either way, any kids out of school were allowed to go out to the park nearby, so long as they came back in time for dinner. Izana usually timed it as when his stomach started hurting.

He had some joys, at least.

You have a weekend free for once, and Tetta wants to simply hang out at the park, something that you're happy to do. You're still basking in the freedom and the novelty of going places without worrying how angry that woman would be when you returned. It was weird, how to ability to be happy had been taken away too; she'd hated seeing you or Tetta happier than her.

There was little to regret when Tetta, too, was much happier. He'd always been a mature kid, but now he smiled more and even messed around a bit. His mischief was actually welcomed, because it meant he felt safe enough to do so.

You'd debated inviting Shinichiro over, but after enough time looking at your flip phone (a weird thing to be using), you ultimately decided to instead just use the time to bond with your brother. Besides, you'd maybe started realizing Shinichiro could be..cute, with his clumsiness and maybe if he got a better hair-do. Which you totally weren't avoiding. Yes. Of course.

..Anyways. 

You held Tetta's hand, walking with him towards the park that one of his classmates had talked about, because it had a netted structure that could spin, whatever that meant. 

"And, and, apparently there's an ice cream shop right there, in the park, could we go there?" Tetta was rambling, grinning up at you. 

"Of course," you responded, making sure to look ahead to where the park should be.

You let Tetta keep talking, rambling about stories that happened in class yesterday, or what Miss Suki was letting him watch on her phone, or some shark keychain Shinichiro gave him earlier that week (that was still hanging on Tetta's lunch-bag). You listened well, so happy to see Tetta so lively. 

While you were mostly free, you still had homework you wanted to complete beforehand because you'd be working longer at the cafe next week. Miss Suki liked planning themed events at the cafe, because it brought in more people, and so you'd  likely be paid extra for it as per usual.

Arriving at the park, you decided to spend some time playing with Tetta before working on anything, and you did so. He went on the play structure you span around for him, and you pushed him on the swings. You even played a game of tag, leaving you out of breath by the time you were finished.

"Alright, I'll be right there, okay?"

Tetta nodded and ran off, probably to play with the kids that had gotten included in your game of tag. You pulled out your biology homework.

Before you realized it, the sky was slowly darkening and more kids had gone. You'd been swapping between playing with Tetta, watching him, and completing your work. Ultimately it was a little tiring, and you would have to return soon with your little brother.

"Tetta!" you called out, looking around for his figure in the badly-lit park.

He ran up to you with another figure next to him, a kid that looked around his age. 

"Nee-san, nee-san, come meet my friend!"

You smiled, kneeling down so you could meet eye-to-eye, "Hello there. I'm Tetta's older sister. What's your name?"

"Uh. Izana," he answered, Tetta lightly bouncing in excitement next to him.

You glance to the sky, knowing you really had to get going (or ask Shinichiro to send someone to walk you guys, since you didn't quite want to walk around in the dark). 

"Where are your parents?" you ask, seeing as Izana was probably the only other kid in the park right now, with how empty it had become.

He shifted nervously instead of answering, and you furrowed your brows, "It's alright if they're not here. Would you like me and Tetta to walk you back, though?"

Izana's eyes widened, and he opened his mouth to answer before closing it and shaking his head. He seemed so quiet, and it concerned you.

Tetta looked confused, too, so maybe Izana was just being quiet around you. 

"Can we come back tomorrow, please?" Tetta asked, looking up at you with patented puppy eyes.

"I think we can, yes," you answer, "Would you like that, Izana-kun?"

He nodded, and you watched as he swiftly ran away.

That was weird. And mildly concerning.

ok yeah no clue whats going on but TADA

ok yeah no clue whats going on but TADA. have a chapter

(disappears for the next year)