Chapter 1: The concert

Osamu Dazai a high school student was a suicidal kid. He never really was into music except for his favorite suicidal song, but other than that he never cared to much about the types of music he would listen to.

Dazai's friends would go on and on about this teen celebrity who had recently become popular. Dazai never really cared so he didn't exactly pay attention to their conversations.

"Hey Dazai, are you listening?" Kunikida snapped Dazai out of his thoughts.

"Huh? What?" Dazai said, confused.

"Dazai, we bought tickets to a concert. A ticket for each of us." Atsushi said.

"And you're coming whether you like it or not." Kunikida said a little serious.

"Sorry guys I'm a little busy tonight-" Dazai got cut off by Atsushi.

"You always make up excuses! At least come just this once, you can even sit outside of the concert if you want. Just at least come! Please." Atsushi begged.

"Fine! I'll go." Dazai said.

It was later in the evening and Dazai was supposed to meet up with them at the concert at 6:30pm since it would start at 7:00pm.

Dazai thought they said 5:30pm so he wanted to be as late as possible and came at 6:00pm.

He walked into the building where the concert was. He didn't see any people and he didn't hear a concert happening. 'Is it over?' Dazai thought. He looked around when suddenly he heard someone singing. He never heard anyone sing as beautifully as what he heard. He followed the voice. Which led him outside, there was a guy in a hoodie singing a song in an alleyway. Dazai saw it was a small ginger, Dazai walked a little closer hiding behind a garbage can.

"Damn that's good..." Dazai mumbled to himself. He peaked at the ginger who continued to sing. When Dazai tried getting in a comfortable spot he knocked over a tin can that happened to be by his foot. The ginger turned his head quickly "Hello!?" He called out. "Who the fuck is there?!" The small guy asked.

Dazai ran away quietly and managed to make it back to the building where he saw a lot more people than before. He looked at his phone and saw it was 6:32pm. "There you are!" A familiar voice called out, Dazai looked over and saw Atsushi and Kunikida.

"Oh, Hey!" Dazai said.

"Wow you're actually on time for once." Kunikida said surprised.

"We have to hurry! They're gonna lock the doors to the concert soon if we don't hurry." Atsushi said, looking at the time.

"Alright let's go." Dazai said.

About 20 minutes later all three of the boys got in their seats. It took a while than expected but they made it. Dazai sat there on his phone while Atsushi and Kunikida were talking about the band.

"So who's your favorite in the band?" Kunikida asked.

"Well Akutagawa and Gin are pretty cool because they're siblings and they both play electric guitar, Higuchi plays drums... I feel like my favorite would have to be Akutagawa or lead singer!" Atsushi said very excited.

"Who's the lead singer?" Asked Dazai who was curious about their conversation for once.

"It's Ch-" Atsushi got cut off because the concert started.

Everyone started to stand not even sitting in their seats. It was hard for the three to see the concert since they were kind of in the back. Dazai suddenly heard loud music come on. It was metal that was being played.

Atsushi ran up to the front not caring at this point and Dazai followed. Kunikida started yelling at them to come back but since the crowd was loud it was impossible for them to hear Kunikida.

Dazai got a good spot and that's when the lead singer started singing. Dazai knew that face when he looked up on the stage, it was the ginger in the alleyway singing from earlier. He heard the small ginger on the stage screaming and singing like normal metal. Though the song was really good, it wasn't bad.

An hour later the concert was over. Everyone had left the building but the three had stayed behind to look at some merchandise. "This is so cool!" Atsushi said. He bought five T-shirts in the shop they were just in. "Do you guys know who the lead singer was?" Dazai asked, very curious. "He's Nakahara Chuuya. He's been doing the whole singing thing for about 5 years? Yea five years! He's also the same age as us." Atsushi said, still admiring his merchandise.

"Alright well you guys go without me, I have to go to the bathroom." Dazai said. They all said bye before going their separate ways. And then they all walked away.

Dazai walked around trying to find a bathroom when he finally saw one he ran inside quickly. He was done a couple minutes later and walked outside when he saw a huge crowd running towards him he saw an alleyway and ran inside there. "What the fuck?" Dazai said, looking to see if the crowd was gone.

"Are they gone!?" A voice said. "Huh?" Dazai looked right beside him and saw a small man in a hoodie and Dazai couldn't quite see his face. "Uhm- yea they're gone." The man walked over to check if the brunette was right. "Alright. Thanks man!" Dazai saw the man's face... It was him! Nakahara Chuuya. "Hey aren't you Chuuya!?" Dazai said a little loud.

Chuuya covered Dazai's mouth fast. "Will you shut up!?" He said really annoyed. "Sorry jeez! What, you don't like people saying your name??" Dazai asked, confused. "Are you stupid or what!?" Chuuya said. Dazai still had that stupid face on which still meant Dazai didn't understand still. "If you call out my name a whole lot of people will be running this way! And I don't want that!" Chuuya said angrily. "Oooooh! That makes sense!" Dazai said.

Then a group of people came looking into the alleyway and Dazai quickly pulled Chuuya close to him and hid themselves from the group. The group seemed to be gone and Dazai looked down at Chuuya to see if he was ok but it turned out the small ginger's face was super red "You alright?" Dazai asked. "Yea I'm fine." Chuuya stepped back.

"Thanks for uhm- hiding me there." Chuuya said. "Yea any time." Dazai said.