Tip 15: Writing Y/n!

I think it's notable that a lot of you are willing to date Y/n more than (insert character here).

And that's the key!

Quite literally make the readers want to date Y/n more.

My main traits a good Y/n (or at least mine) has are as follows:
• Sarcasm
• Slightly Bratty
• Gay disaster
• Badass
• Flirty

So just overly H O T!

Of course stay true to the intended personality you have for Y/n as well as depicting certain things that can help link back to what makes Y/n who they are today.

Y/n also should not have ANYTHING specified about them. Unless they have a secret name which is revealed later or it is part of their personality.

Nothing about appearance should be said because then it really isn't Y/n.

This problem is evident for POC where Y/n has been described as 5'2" with long black hair and pale white skin and green eyes and blah blah blah!

I am Asian-Australian and while I am more white presenting, I am still not the pale, green eyed, black haired Y/n described.

And I'll be honest, the only reason I look more white is because the sun sucks HSHSHDH (also beauty standards I grew up with lmfao)

ANYWAYS!

Remember to never specify what Y/n looks like unless it's an outfit!

Never make Y/n stutter too much (trust me I've had my earlier Y/n's stutter as if there was an earthquake)

Snarky comments and cool moves are always appreciated.

Disaster on the inside, trying to be collected on the outside is also a good idea to adapt.

And I think that's all I can really say!

- Anna ❤️