Chapter 2

Walking down the long corridor the sounds of his footsteps and the melody of the steel floor that accompanied his short walk rang in his ears and yet his mind was occupied with something else, deep in thought the Prince called back to the events that happened in his life lately.

It's been two more years since Amiya become his sister, Averus has now reached the ages of 10, there's nothing much change in Averus except for his hair that is now reaching his back and he tied it still in a ponytail, aside from that the only thing that change from Averus is in fact his body.

Two years ago, he's a rather skinny boy but now, his body is full of muscle and he also already learned a lot of things about arts casting.

It all happened a year ago.

That day, the nine years old Averus was finally able to witness something that he never thought he would ever see in his life, after a long mission his father finally came home.... Though, it wasn't quite what he was expecting...

All he remembered that day was seeing his father laying down on an operation table with a pool of blood flowing from his body, his arms severed and his skin as white as the snow.

For the first time in his life Averus felt something very foreign and new for him.

Anger.

Sadness.

And more importantly weakness.

He couldn't do anything.

If only he was stronger, if only he had more knowledge, if only there's something more he can do.

In the heavy silence those thoughts invade his mind making him question the life he choices and its effect.

The bitter feeling of helplessness, the pain of fear, the deep anger and frustration... He doesn't want to feel that way again.

And today, for the first time in his life he decided to do something about it.

First, he goes to Dr. Kal'tsit his aunty and then, he bowed to her and asked her one thing.

"Aunty, please teach me how to become a Doctor." He pleaded.

The Feline understood what was going through his mind, the emotion that drove him to come here and lowered his head, for someone as young as him to be able to turn the horror that happens before his own two eyes to become a resolve instead of fear, she couldn't look back at that.

Before answering his question Kal'tsit looked away from him, giving him just her back and then she spoke.

"Very well, if you really want that I shall teach you, but Averus, it won't be an easy task, for this I will not go easy on you, if I deem you unworthy then by any means please don't ever come to me and ask me for this again."

Averus did not care, as long as he could get the knowledge from his aunty even if he must hurt himself countless times he would still do it.

"Yes ma'am!!" Averus did a military salutation.

Kal'tsit nodded proudly, seeing how the boy had grown up.

After that he went to a certain Banshee Sarkaz he knew well, upon entering his dorm Averus was greeted by darkness, well, it's always like this for him since even Averus knows that the Banshee Sarkaz has some loose screw in his head.

He then looked around the room and saw light on the corner of the room, there he saw the Sarkaz watching something on his computer and he let out some creepy laugh.