Chapter Nine.

ꕥ✨ꕥ

ꕥ✨ꕥ

I jolt awake, looking around and relax when I see Hobi in the kitchen, the appetising smell of kimchi fried rice filling the room.

I smile at the sight and lean my chin on my arms on the sofa headboard. I love watching him cook. Jin and Yoongi are better at it than he is, but I never enjoy watching them cook as much as I do Hobi.

"You have lots of missed calls." He tells me, smiling at me from the kitchen.

I frown and pick up my phone seeing sixteen missed calls from Taehyung, five missed calls from Jimin and a certain number of texts from the others...

"Yoongi told the others." I explain and J-Hope freezes at the mention of the painful truth we're living in. He nods silently and I stand up, wrapping myself in the blanket.

"I'll call Taehyung." I inform him and he nods, still silent.

His stiffened appearance hurts and I walk to him wrapping my arms around his slim waist.

The moment my body comes in contact with his, he takes a deep breath and relaxes. His hands let go of the kitchen knife to cover mine over his abdomen.

My ear against his back I can hear his heart race for a second before returning to its regular pace.

"The present moment." I whisper and I feel him nod while he strokes my hands in a regular motion.

I slowly let go of him but his hands keep their grip on mine and he turns around to face me, pulling my hands back around him.

"A few more minutes."

I comply with his request and let him bury his face in the crook of my neck, his lips in direct contact with my skin.

When he hugs me I feel like we're one person, I feel what he feels, my heart is one with his. It's truly as if we're one and the same person, psychologically and physically.

It's the purest feeling.

Yoongi was right, I did miss this sensation of complete understanding, the warmth of there being no secrets, the certainty that we're both madly in love with each other.

I missed it like crazy.

When I pull away he gifts me with a small smile and I walk out of the house, slowly making my way to the small tent, outside. I hold the blanket above the wet ground to keep it dry.

Once under the tent, I sit down in a chair and tap the phone icon under Taehyung's contact. My eyes linger on the main house where Hobi is.

"Hello??? Noona??" Taehyung's painful tone stabs my heart. He sniffles through the phone.

Has he been crying all this while?

"Yeah, it's me. How are you holding up?" I look down at my hands feeling nervous.