part 2

"Do you hate me?" Rosie asks frankly when their fellow trainees file out of the dance studio. They're the only ones left in the room, apart from the new Chinese girl in the corner.

The question takes Jennie aback, because she hasn't done anything to Rosie – she'd never even talked to her before. So, the fact that the girl is asking her if she hates her shocks her because Jennie is far from hating Rosie.

"No!" Jennie recoils at how loud she answered. She recomposes herself and tries again, "No. What made you think that?"

Rosie lets out a deep breath, a little exaggerated, but it shows Jennie that she's relieved she doesn't actually hate her. "I don't know. You keep staring at me during rehearsals and your stare just looked... I don't want to say malicious, but it was like that."

Jennie laughs at the girl's assumption, blushing a little at the realization that Rosie notices her staring. She's sure her face is bright red right now, but she can just blame it on the fact that they'd spent half of their day working on dance routines and on the bright lights in the studio. "I just have a really bad stare. It's a resting bitch face, or so I've been told."

It's Rosie's turn to blush now, and Jennie can see her ears obviously getting redder than they were a couple of seconds ago. "This is really embarrassing." The girl chuckles, taking a stray bundle of hair hanging in front of her face and tucking it behind her ear. "I really thought I did something to you, or I annoyed you somehow. Now I realize I'm just being dramatic."

"You're not, I swear. A lot of people just get intimidated with my stare. It's nothing new." Jennie tries to make her feel better, but the sentence just makes the other girl look further mortified.

"I was being judgmental. Oh God, I'm really sorry."

"It's nothing, I swear." She smiles genuinely, trying to make the other girl feel better.

Rosie's eyebrows are still drawn in a way that makes her look like she's still feeling a little guilty, adding to Jennie's amusement. "Do you want to get lunch? It's my treat – it's the least I can do... since I accused you of being a bitch that hates people for no apparent reason."

"You didn't accuse me of any of that."

"But it was implied."

Jennie shifts and clutches at her gym bag. "You don't have to pay for my lunch."

"Please? It would make me feel so much better about this misunderstanding."

Then she realizes – she's fucked. "Okay."

They head out of the YG building, and Rosie drags her to a nearby restaurant that serves 'the best bibimbap and bingsu one could find in Seoul', as described by her. It's within walking distance from the building, but it takes a couple of turns and the restaurant is humble in itself with its outside décor. Jennie would never have walked in if it weren't for the girl grabbing her by the arm and leading her to a booth beside the window.

Inside is cozier than she expected. There's a couple of people, and Jennie's thankful that the restaurant isn't so packed at 11 in the morning because she doesn't think she can handle a headache after the routine they learned at dance practice.

Rosie orders for her, and they both get the same order of the rice bowl and soda.

When the food arrives and Jennie takes a first bite, she moans. "Oh my God," she says, voice a little muffled by the food.

"I'd tell you to not talk while your mouth is full but," She grins, looking proud and accomplished. "You look like you've just entered heaven."