Chapter 4: 'Falling For Forever'

It has only been one month.

One month exactly had passed since you last talked to Thomas Shelby. It was ultimately your final decision to cut ties with him once and for all after you had one night together. You had to admit it that it was pure bliss, and you had wished you could relive it over and over again. But, you knew this was a better choice. Oh, how you came to regret it. In the late hours of the night, you found yourself thinking about it. How could one man have this much of an effect on you? After one single drunken night, you couldn't stop thinking of him. Of course, you'd never admit it to yourself that you missed him as a man, but you definitely missed the way he held you. I spoke to youkissed you. His eyes, his voice, his body, his skilled, rough handsall of it. He was only the third man you had ever slept with, and it was arguably the best sex you have ever had.

The school bell rings, jumping you back to reality and out of your own mind.

"Hi mum!" Elizabeth smiled as she and Henry held hands, skipping to you. You smiled and bent down to kiss their faces and caress their hair as it blew in the light breeze.

"Hi my loves, oh, I missed you! How was school?" You asked as you stood up straight and held their hands in yours, Henry on the right and Elizabeth on the left, making your way back home. As they told you about your day, you smiled and listened, occasionally humming in affirmation that you were indeed listening. As they were distracting themselves with kicking stones along the street and picking up old bullet casing from the dirt, Henry sneaking some in his pockets to admire later, you lead them to the produce market Since you were low on food and they were staying with you for the week that meant you had to stock up on groceries.

Back at your home, the two run inside ahead of you, putting their school bags on the hooks by the door. You slowly entered after them, slightly winded and nauseated. You sigh heavily as you place the bags of groceries on the kitchen table.

"Elizabeth, sweetheart?" You call. She walks into the kitchen, waiting for you to tell her what you need.

"Mind starting dinner? Henry, come help your sister!" You call, earning a groan from the hallway.

"Just start boiling the water and cleaning the vegetables, please?" You ask her in a hurry. Before you could hear her answer and Henrys complaints, you hurry to the bathroom up the stairs in your room. Shutting the door behind you, you huddled over the toilet bowl, trying your hardest not to spill your breakfast. Your hand over your mouth and take several deep breaths. The nausea passes momentarily, and you lean against the wall, dropping your hand and panting heavily. You groan and wipe the sweat from your brow.

"What the fuck?" You whisper to yourself. The nausea had fully passed but you were still shaken by the sudden feeling of sickness. You knew you werent sick but now that you think about it, you were feeling very fatigued for the past week or so. You bit your lip and subconsciously held your hand over your stomach. You knew your body better than anyone else. But to be sure, you reminded yourself to make an appointment to see your doctor soon.

"Mum! The waters boilin!" Elizabeth shouts from the kitchen. You stand with a sigh and make your way down to the kitchen to help finish dinner.

The next day, after you take the kids to school, you take a visit to the doctors office. The appointment was short, so in no time, you were back at the bakery just in time to set up and bake the pastries for the morning shift. It took almost a week for the doctors to get back to you. Each day leading up to this caused you to feel anxious, showing the obvious signs that you were waiting in anticipation for something. And Esme wasn't the only one that noticed your children did too. It was their last day with you before they went back to London with their father. It was Friday, and you were dropping them off at school that morning.