𝐞𝐟𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬

𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐬, 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞, 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞

"I love you." His words only a whisper.

"Say it again."

"I love you." His eyes catching the dim street light.

"In french."

"Je t'aime." In the quiet blush that spread across my face.

"Honestly?"

"Deadly." The pain that I feared.

"I love you." The truth that I freely spoke.

We lay side by side out of breathe. His hair matted and sweaty, his eyes looked like they went on forever. And his lips. My god how they tasted like heaven and how I succumbed to worshiping them like a sacrament.

"You're my home." He spoke in his low husk of a voice as he stared at his ceiling. He watched me smile, I wondered if he said those things just to watch my lips curve.

"Hmm." I hummed and turned to watch him catching his breathe. His collar bone bouncing up and down. I would watch him sleep often. It was fascinating to me, to watch an angel rest.

"Do you think we'll be like this forever?" I asked, I shouldn't have but I did.

"Probably not darling." He sighed. "One day I'll be an old man and you'll still be ... you." He smiled.

"But you'll always be mine?" I grinned back at him and asked after pecking his stained lips. Stained with my lipstick. I lay on his chest my view of his silver chain twisting around my finger.

"Cara, I'm yours forever." He laughed. He found my hand and held it to his chest. His gaze remaining upward.

"I have to go pack up my apartment soon." I sighed, the idea of being away from him, away from this for even a minute feeling like losing a part of myself.

"And you'll bring your stuff here?" He asked smirking: still loving making me give everything to him.

I brushed the back of my hand against his pale luminescent skin. His freckles like constellations on an inverted night sky.

His hand rested on my head, keep me close to him as he played with my hair every now and then.

"I want to do this right with you." I bit my cheek. "Maybe I move in with Lucy for a while, we're still new to this."

"Baby, what's mine is yours you know that right?" His voice concerned.

"Yes but, we have all the time in the world T, so let's take it? Yeah? Give 'us' the chance we deserve." I spoke slowly, trying to give him a chance to react.

"I love you and I trust you, so if you need time for this - I can wait for you on this." He kissed my head.

I fell asleep first this time, for the first time in a long time. I closed my eyes and let him hold me and I let my thoughts slip away into the intoxicating rest of being in his arms.