Chapter 1: The store is now closed

"Ugh, why do I have to come along again?" Lynn complained.

Sisters Lynn and Leni Loud walked through the local Ikea furniture looking for a new kitchen table, after the first one was broken when Lynn had an "incident" with a football.

"Well, because the Ikea is between your soccer field and our house." Leni responded, not wanting to point a finger at her younger sister.

"Meh, let's just get that one and get out of here already." Lynn said pointing to a wooden dinner table on display. "It's seriously boring hear."

"Well, we can't just get any table." Leni said. "It needs to be ale to seat enough people, and it need to look good in our kitchen."

"Ugh, I'm dying of boredom!" Lynn complained.

"Hmm..." Leni looked at the table. "I'll send a pic to mom."

"Please, just kill me now!" Lyn moaned. "Put me out of this misery."

"Strange." Leni said. "I like, can't get a signal here. Maybe we can find some staff to help us." She looked around but saw no one. It was just her and her sisters in miles of store shelves.

"Well, I already took the picture." Leni said. "Let's just go out to Vanzilla and ask Lori what she thinks."

"If we're going back to the van, can you guys just drive me back home and come back." Lynn begged.

Leni scowled. "Fine, come on, let's get out of here."

"Ok, what's your deal?" Lynn asked. It was incredibly rare to see Leni get angry, and now she was clearly agitated.

"Oh, nothing. Let's just get out of here, ok?" Leni said, giving her sister a warm smile.

The pair walked in the direction they thought the door was.

They walked and walked for what felt like hours.

'Uh... Leni?" Lynn said, starting to feel more and more annoyed.

"Yeah." Leni said.

"do you know where we're going?" Lynn asked.

"Uh, yeah, the exit." Leni said. "Duh."

"Well, how long does it take to get to the ding dang exit?" Lynn snapped.

"Ikea's a big store." Leni responded.

"I think we're lost." Lynn said.

"We're not lost." Leni assured her.

"Ugh, screw this!" Lynn said, then she started climbing the shelf next to her.

"O M GOSH! Lynn! What are you doing?" Leni squealed in shock.

"I'm trying to get a better view of this boring hell hole and find the exit." Lynn said as she continued to climb.

"Lynn, you're not supposed to climb these things!" Leni yelled. "Lynn come down here please! Before you get hurt!"

"I'll be fine I... whoa!" Lynn said as she reached the top of the shelf.

The building before her was massive. Miles and miles of shelves and no end in sight. She couldn't even see the walls of the building in any direction she looked.

She was filled with both dread and awe.

How can this be? Lynn thought this place has to have a door or at least a wall somewhere. How else would the ceiling stay up? But how could the wall be so far away? How can this boring ass store be so big? What kind of place is this?