A new home

Melody pov:

I kept looking around to see if that bustard is here or not. I may have pushed my step mom and step sis away, not because I hate them, but because I am worried about their safety.

He killed my mom. Before I ran away from that dark room that day, I heard him say something like destroying everyone my dad holds dear. And if dad loves this woman so much that he could marry her, I'm sure he will come back for her and her daughter.

Way to increase my work load, dad. I internally rolled my eyes. So far, no one seems suspicious to me. And the guests aren't pestering me so it makes things easier for me to continue my search.

"Melody, let's have food now and go home." I heard my step mom calling for me.

I looked around one more time before heading towards my family. I guess he's not here, but I'm pretty sure he knows about dad's marriage.

I went to them and was about to sit in a corner, but that girl, Jisoo pulled me beside her. "What the-", but she cut me off.

"Hey since you're my little sister now, let's always stay together. You can push me away as much as you like but I will always come back to you." She said.

The hell is she saying? No way I'm getting close to her. I haven't completely got over my mom's death yet. And their safety is not guaranteed either. If I get close to them, it's gonna hurt more when they are taken away from us.

"In your dreams. You're not worthy enough to call yourself my step sister, let alone sister." I mocked her.

Okay I think that's a bit harsh, forgive me Jisoo, but it's for the best.

Her face got dull hearing my words. She turned to her food and started eating silently.

I was dumbfounded. Didn't she say a few moments before that she won't give up on me. Now she's isn't even looking at me.

I would be lying if I said that I'm not disappointed. I've always wanted a sister in my life. My brothers are cool but having a sister and spending time together would be fantastic. But unfortunately, I can't do it.

We all ate our food in silence. My dad and mom are staring at each other instead of eating. My brothers, well they are having a great time holding their girlfriends' hands. It seems that Jin hyung and his girlfriend solved their issues.

And lastly me and Jisoo, eating silently like a couple who fought over something silly and hoping the other would apologise first. Jisoo pouting and me giving her glances from time to time hoping she would annoy me again. What the actual hell 😑😑

After the awkward dinner, we got up and got ready to head home.

"Me and your dad will come in one car and you guys follow us on another and have a sibling bonding time." Mom said.

Come on mom, we all know you care more about your bonding time with your husband and actually didn't mean what you said.

"I'll drive the-" Jin hyung started but I cut him off.

"No, I'll drive." I snatched the keys from him and got into the driver's seat. The last thing I wanna do is to talk to them.

Jin hyung sighed and gestured others to get in.

They all got in and I started to drive the car. Well it looks like my brothers are bonding pretty well with Jisoo. They must be in a great mood to talk to her casually especially Yoongi hyung. He is one serious and strict fella and you would be wise to keep your distance from him.

We reached home and I waited them to get out so I can park the car. But even after five minutes I can still hear them talking. They so devoted in the conversation that they forgot about the surroundings, I guess.

"Hello, we've reached home." I said. There was a silence before everyone sang an "oh" before getting out.

I parked the car and got inside as well. I can finally go to my bed and sleep-

"Melody, show Jisoo around the house and her room." Yoongi hyung said

I spoke too soon 😑

"Jeez fine.." I started to walk and she followed me. She's still not talking to me. I didn't realise my words have such a great impact on the lives of others.

We finally reached her room and decided that we should finally have some rest. Saying good night, we went to our rooms.

To be continued...