[ Chapter Two ]

Upon coming to his apartment, Naruto directly went to pack the essentials for his journey.

He wasn't sure how much baggage he was going to bring considering the long distance to their destination, but if Naruto wanted to be prepared for anything, then he should carry the most important items with him.

"Make sure to bring seals with you," Kurama advised him. "Specifically storage seals,"

"Got it," he replied as he reached over to his drawer to grab a few storage seals to pack it inside his bag. "Anything else to add?"

"No, that's all," Then, a pause. "Naruto?"

Something about Kurama's tone struck Naruto as odd, along with the lack of the affectionate nickname that he always called him by, it made his back straightened. "Yeah, Kurama?"

A moment of silence between them passed until Kurama spoke, hesitance in his words. "Do you know anything... about your heritage?"

Naruto felt himself relaxing, replaced with confusion. "Uh, yeah? You told me all about Mom and Dad. What, is there something I should know about, dattebayo?" he asked.

He didn't know why his friend is suddenly bringing this topic up. Naruto knew everything when Kurama had spilled who his true parents were and how much they sacrificed their lives just for him to be alive. And to hear a question like that perplexed him greatly.

"You know about the Uzumaki clan's capabilities?"

Of course, he does. He read up once about it in the library. The Uzumaki clan have the reputation to be born with large chakra reserves and are deemed the greatest fuinjutsu masters in the entire shinobi world-and if Naruto remembered correctly, they are the only clan to be able to constrain Kurama because of their sealing techniques.

"Yeah," he said, somewhat getting impatient that Kurama is beating around the bush. "Kurama, just say it already. If you want to tell me some secret or something, spit it out!"

Kurama simply rolled his eyes but complied with his demand. "Only a few people know this but the Uzumaki clan has a secret sealing technique called the Adamantine Sealing Chains,"

Naruto felt intrigued by this and so gestured for him to continue.

"It's a sealing technique that is representative of the Uzumaki. Shinobi who can use this technique can produce chains made out of their chakra, especially from their torso. They use them to restrict their targets and can extend to any length they wish," Kurama explained, centuries of knowledge being trapped inside an Uzumaki coming into light.

Naruto is amazed. He can make chains come out of his body? That sounds pretty cool if you ask him.

"That's awesome! But wait... why are you telling me this now?"

"You're old enough to understand. The reason why I didn't tell you before is that you're still training to perform fuinjutsu. Once you acquired the discipline, then perhaps you could unlock it,"

"But it's going to take forever..." Naruto groaned.

Kurama huffed. "That's why I'm here to help you, kit. If you want more experience, why don't you ask that girl from that weird green Jonin's team, Tenten, was it?"

"Oh, that's a great idea!" he grinned before realizing something. "AH, I'M ALMOST LATE!"

"Go pack quickly!"

After Naruto hastily shoved all his stuff there, he zipped up his backpack and dashed out of his apartment, not before watering his plants and locking the door.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

"You're almost late!" Sakura shouted, bringing her fist up towards Naruto's face once he stopped in front of them, sweat on his brow.

"Sorry! I got caught up with something," he laughed nervously, scratching his neck.

"Ugh, at this point I don't even care anymore...” she sighed, resigning to the fact that time doesn't matter when Kakashi isn't going to come to the meet-up early.

Naruto felt sympathetic for the Haruno. As much as he couldn't help it, he just seemed to love the bed more than getting up.

Hmmm... maybe Kurama's laziness is rubbing off on him.

“Hey! Not that I'm complaining, sleep is the best,”

He inwardly rolled his eyes at that.

He pats her back with a smile. Naruto then turns away from Sakura to talk to Sasuke—or more like bickering, but it's a conversation nonetheless.

Naruto was this close to yelling at Sasuke that tomatoes are better if they are not store brought when Kakashi appeared, hands in his pockets. "Yo, my cute little genins," he greeted with his typical 'eye' smile, slightly annoying Kurama.

"Ugh, I never liked that guy. He used to be so arrogant," he commented, earning an amused chuckle from the blond.

“So, you guys ready for our mission?” Kakashi asked, looking at the kids.

Naruto beamed. “We're ready as any ramen is done cooking!”

“Yup!”

“Hn.”

“Alright, since we're all ready, let's head out.” Team 7 walked out of the village gates, Izumo and Kotetsu the only people seeing them off.

“Bye, guys. Be safe on your mission!” Izumo said.

“And don't die!” Kotetsu added playfully. But he meant those words deeply.

Naruto waved as he walked backward. “We won't!”

“Idiot, face forward. You're going to trip.” Sakura forced Naruto to walk normally before he could hurt himself early on the mission. It would've been ridiculous to see that happen.

“Hehe...” Naruto chuckled and Sasuke rubbed his knuckles gently on his head.

“Hn. Dobe.”

“What was that, teme?!”

Kakashi and Sakura sighed as the two boys bickered. Still, they knew it's just playful bantering between them and nothing else. That's how Naruto and Sasuke's relationship works—even though it gets complicated at times.

“Boys.” Sakura muttered with a shake of her head, but a soft smile is on her face.

These are her boys. And nothing is going to change that.

[edited on dec 25. 2021]