[ Chapter Three ]

"Hey, Sasuke,"

"..."

"Sasuke, wanna play rock-paper-scissors with me?"

Sasuke thought for a moment before settling with a "Hn."

Naruto grinned as Sasuke positioned himself to face him. They are currently taking a quick rest on the ground after hours of jumping across the forest on tree branches as their primary footing and Naruto is getting bored from the complete silence that surrounded the area, saved by a few birds chirping in the distance.

The two boys did the first round and Sasuke came out victorious, which made him smirk at Naruto as he sulked at his loss.

He couldn't lose to a mere game of rock-paper-scissors to Sasuke of all people, so in his typical immature fashion, insisted him for another round, knowing that the Uchiha would win using his Sharingan because he can be a cheat like that sometimes.

It was by five losses later did Kakashi stopped them by saying that the break is over and Naruto shot a smug Sasuke a glare for brandishing his dojutsu in their game.

"What would you expect, kit? That Uchiha will get himself blind even if it means winning. Tch, pretentious bastards..."

Naruto smirked. Hearing Kurama complaining about people certainly brings amusement every time.

He and the others readied themselves first before taking off again, the almost monotonous journey slightly wearing down Naruto's excitement.

"Oh man, to think this could at least be exciting," he grumbled in his head and Kurama rolled his eyes.

"Don't complain. I kinda like this quiet, no bandits or-"

Kurama's sentence was suddenly cut off when an onslaught of kunai and shuriken was thrown towards the team, followed closely by two cloaked ninjas.

"Spoke too soon," he grunted.

Naruto reacted fast by pulling out his kunai and blocking most of the attacks. But some that weren't thwarted scraped against him, inflicting wounds on his skin.

He hopped back as three senbon nearly pierced him by an inch. Naruto saw a coat of purple substance insulating the tips.

"What the- poison?!" Is someone actually going to poison him? This implied a lot of things that Naruto is not happy with.

He winced as his cuts tingled. He simply focused on the battle at hand, feeling the effects of Kurama's chakra quickly healing him.

"Well, I guess I should be happy that I got some action, dattebayo," Naruto said to himself before bouncing to where Sakura is fighting a cloaked ninja.

After Kakashi trained them all equally for the past months they've been a team, the young genins have found out about some of their strengths and weaknesses during practice.

First off is Sakura; she's surprisingly good at dodging to make up for her low defenses. And she's also great at healing injuries with medical ninjutsu, perfect for her excellent chakra control. Maybe it's because she's in an apprenticeship under the watchful eye of the great Tsunade Senju-or as everyone likes to call her the Slug Princess.

Naruto didn't fully understand why she was titled the Slug Princess. It was kinda gross, to be honest. Perhaps he will find out soon enough once he's assured that he can get out of death's reach.

He helped Sakura deflect and attack the enemy, their strong teamwork showing through their collaboration of Sakura's infamous powerful punches and Naruto's spamming of shadow clones.