Chapter 5: The Final Battle

The heroes found themselves in front of a castle.
The castle looked beautiful.

The heroes entered the castle towards the final battle.

***

They saw Bara sitting on her throne.

"Well, well! Look how far you have come!" spoke the woman.

"Not only did you bust up my dumb lackeys, Teiko and Komako and kill another lackey, Ai, but you have the three diamonds as I requested!"

"Why are you doing this?" asked Thomas.

"You see," said Bara. "As a child, I had a bad father who refused to share his food with me! Not only that, but he hit me! And my mother left me!  Also, I was bullied at school for standing out with my height and dark red hair color! But now is the time I get my revenge!"

"That's very cliche," said Thomas, rolling his eyes.

"Now, join me, heroes! We can engulf this world together!" said the woman.

"No!" replied Hank.

"We'll settle the fate of this world once and for all," Bara smirked while brandishing a sword. "We'll settle it with a fight!"

With that, Bara rushed at the heroes with the sword.

They dodged, and fought hard.

Larry was worried because it looked like his siblings were losing.

And they were.

What with the sword slashing at them, it looked like this was the end.

Just then the three diamonds glowed.

Larry was surrounded by them and by sparkles.

"What's with the sparkles?" He asked.

He was lifted up in the air by them.

Suddenly, Larry changed.

He now had a light pink streak in his hair, and he wore a white suit with a hot pink tie. He had a long black cape with rainbow sparkles on it, and white knee length boots. He also had big light purple butterfly wings on his back. On the hem of his cape were the Purity Jewels. He wore a golden crown decorated with rainbow colored butterfly shaped jewels.

In his hand, he clutched a beautiful cane with a butterfly jewel on top of it.

"I am Super Butterfly Larry," spoke Larry. His voice echoed eerily and his eyes glowed. "You tried to destroy this world, and now you will pay the ultimate price!"

Then, in the flutter of a fly's wing, he brandished his cane and pointed it at Bara.

"Mega Beam!"  Super Butterfly Larry said, as a massive red, purple and green beam shot out of the cane.

"No!" shouted Bara, clutching the Book of Despair.

She never got any further than her last ever spoken word.

The beam struck Bara, enveloping her, and killing her. But it wasn't a painless death. She felt agony like she'd never known course through her, a burning, scorching agony; her bones carbonised, her organs vapourised and her blood boiled. Her last conscious thought, before her brain was gone, was rage against Teiko and Komako for being too incompetent to stop this.

***

When Super Butterfly Larry landed on the ground, he saw Bara's badly burned, dead body. She was still clutching the now-ripped and torn Book of Despair. Her hair was disheveled and her face was frozen in a death rictus of agony. Her uniform was in tatters. Her lab coat and sword were long gone, as were her shoes. Her hair ribbon was burnt.

Even though Bara was a villain, Super Butterfly Larry couldn't help but feel a pang of sympathy for her. Unlike his sister, she had died in pain, a fate he wouldn't wish on anyone.

"Now we can't lock her up!" said Gary.

"Poor Bara!" Teiko said mockingly as she appeared and saw her mistress' body. "She's so tattered and pitiable. I almost forgot about her!"

"You again." Super Butterfly Larry said, his voice dripping with venom.

"I'm the heir to the Book of Despair!" Teiko screamed as she picked up the destroyed book.

"And now you'll all die, and you are unable to do anything about it!"

With that, Teiko picked up a broken glass bottle and rushed at Super Butterfly Larry, aiming it at his throat.

"I'll slit your goddam throat, Larry!" she cried.

Super Butterfly Larry dodged out of the way just in time.

But attempted murder isn't going to get you anywhere.

Teiko's bottle then hit a red button, sending glass shards everywhere.

Then a big stream of green slime fell from the ceiling and hit Teiko, covering her from head to toe.

"Yuck!" she cried, disgusted.

She then fell over, and more slime went on top of her, pinning her to the floor.

"This is like Nickelodeon's old reality shows with slime!" laughed Cody.

"What about Komako?" asked Thomas.

"We'll let the police arrest her," said Super Butterfly Larry as he turned back.

Teiko laid on the ground, motionless, but she was still alive.

She would never move again.

She was handed a fate as cruel as death.

People wouldn't bat an eye at her.

Completely powerless, motionless, and no one giving her any time of day, so ends her legacy.

Quite pathetic, actually.

***

When our heroes returned home, they found the bottle that had started them off on this journey.

They showed it to their mother who left them at home, setting off on a round the world tour to make her fortune.

Meaning that Larry and his friends never had to worry about money again.

The END.

I forgot to mention this in the first chapter, but I'd like to thank this redesign blog for influencing Bara's personality/looks.

Her full name is Bara Sakura.

Name meaning time!

"Bara" means "rose." On the other hand, Sakura literally means 'cherry blossom'.

"Saku" can also mean "Blossom", while "Ra" means "Good".

But she's anything but good!