Chapter 3

•𝑾𝒆 𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅•

Sersi, Dane and Nemesis are dancing in the club with friends for Dane's birthday party

Sersi, Dane and Nemesis are dancing in the club with friends for Dane's birthday party. In a few tables ahead Sprite sits and stares at them waiting for the party to end.

"Happy birthday dear Dane. Happy birthday to you" They all sing as Nemesis holds the cakes and smiles.

"Make a wish" She says and he closes his eyes and blows the candle.

Sersi and Dane go somewhere else so she can give him her present and Nemesis catches up with Sprite. Nemesis hugs her and smiles as Sprite gives her "thee Sprite look"

"Why the long face?" Nemesis asks.

"What do you want, Nem?"

"I want you to smile for once, please"

"You don't smile too, you know"

Nemesis widens her eyes.

"Wha- I smile and laugh"

"Yeah right" Sprite looks one of Nemesis' necklaces. The one with the arrow "You're still mourning for your friend?"

Nemesis looks down on the ground and blinks away some of the tears that are coming to her eyes.

"She wasn't just a friend you know, she was like a sister to me"

"I'm sorry" Sprite tells her.

"It's okay" She gives a small smile to her as they look at Sersi and Dane.

"Get a room you two" Sprite days "Can we go now? It's past my bed time"

They all leave from the club and they walk on the street. Sprite and Sersi behind and Nemesis with Dane ahead.

"So what did she say?" Nemesis asks Dane about his question to Sersi "What I was expected" Dane sighs.

"I'm sorry Dane" She wraps her arms around his shoulders and rests her head on his "Maybe she'll change her mind, you never know"

"That's highly unlikely" Dane says as he laughs. He turns around to the girls "You guys wanna get pizza?"

"No, thank you" They both yell "Yes, thank you" Nemesis says smiling as she waits for the girls to move forward. Dane continues to walk ahead, but suddenly Nemesis yells his name when she sees something coming out of the water.

"Dane!" The girls stop and stare and Dane turns to look behind him.

"Shit is that a deviant?" Sprite asks "Dane run" Sersi says and runs in front of the deviant. Nemesis grabs Dane and moves him behind her along with Sprite.

Sersi traps the deviant inside the ground to buy them some time to leave.

"Sersi, let's go" Sprite says and they all run to the direction they came.