Chapter 5

•𝑪𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒅 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒔•

On their way to Ajak, Sersi drives the car and remembers all the happy moments they all lived together

On their way to Ajak, Sersi drives the car and remembers all the happy moments they all lived together. Nemesis next to her stares the road ahead of her. She catches Ikaris' eyes looking at her from the mirror. They hold eye contact but Nemesis looks away first. Ikaris smiles and looks down while Sprite is sleeping and leaning on his shoulder.

When they arrive at Ajak's house they see the doors open and Ajak nowhere to be found.

"Ajak?" Nemesis calls her name.

"Ajak?" Sersi calls her too.

The four of them go across the other door of the house. Nemesis sees someone lying on the ground. A few seconds later she recognizes the lifeless body.

Ajak.

She runs towards her and the tears in her eyes are coming faster than ever. The others find her and run after her. She touches her face and closes her eyes.

"Ajak..."

Sprite kneels down next to Nemesis, crying as well.

"It was a deviant" Ikaris says.

Nemesis is still crying. Ikaris puts a hand on her shoulder. Her eyes turn golden yellow while golden lightnings are appearing in her hands. She screams and releases this energy she was holding inside her, while automatically pushes the others behind. Ikaris stands on his feet and walks towards her. He kneels next to her and hugs her, burying her head inside his chest. She cries unstoppably.

Sersi, Sprite and Ikaris are inside the house watching Sprite's illusion of her and Ajak singing and dancing

"That was the last time I saw her. Ajak asked me to check on Nemesis and Sersi. So I went to London" Sprite says and Ikaris puts a hand on her shoulder. She places her hand on top of his "Turned out we were lonely and needed each other. I guess in her way, Ajak never stopped trying to take care of us"