Chapter 1

Hallstatt, Austria

Hallstatt, Austria.

Happiness is a sentiment that very few fortunate people feel in the smallest of things

Happiness is a sentiment that very few fortunate people feel in the smallest of things. One can find it in the singing of birds, an infant's smile, a gush of cold wind on a hot day, warmth of your loved one when they hold you close with all the love in their heart.

What other time would be better to spread this little happiness than the one time we all wait for. Christmas.

Christmas is the time of the year when everyone feels like a child who is eager to open their gift on Christmas eve. Everyone expects gifts from someone and smiles are contagious decease everyone catch from one another. It's the time of the year we appreciate family and thank the Lord for every little thing we have.

For the little town in Austria called Hallstatt, Christmas was feeling a little different for the mill workers.
The factory owner had not given them their Christmas bonus yet and rumors were spreading fast that he has no intentions to give them bonuses this year.

In a small town with less than 1000 people, a large mill gave work to many people in town. The whole town was almost owned by a rich mill owner who had many other shops, building, houses and farms under him. It was like this man owned this whole town and this year he was stealing Christmas from the townspeople.

Dario King was very wealthy and with his wealth came arrogance which he wore as a crown. He was greedy and hated everything around him. They say he has always been like this since his father died and he took over. His arrogance took the life of his wife and distanced his only child away from him. But nothing broke him or his stubborn behavior.

Dario stood at the large window of his mansion up on the hill and looks down at the people on the streets.
"Everyone is busy this time of the year. So much to do and the anticipation to buy new clothes, gifts, decoration excites everyone. A child in everyone jumps out of every adult to play, laugh and enjoy this holiday" says Timothy, Dario's assistant.
"I don't like wasting money and these fools who can't put food on their tables at some nights waste money on things they don't need," says Dario.
"It's Christmas. Everyone is allowed to spend a little extra to spoil themselves and their families" says, Timothy.
"Spoilt brats" curses Dario.