Chapter 5

The next morning, Dario wakes up on his bed and looks around the whole house to see if what he saw last night was a dream or was the girl, real and still in the house

The next morning, Dario wakes up on his bed and looks around the whole house to see if what he saw last night was a dream or was the girl, real and still in the house. He didn't know how to feel when he didn't find her. He knew it can't be a dream but it also couldn't be real. So what was it?
His thoughts were interrupted by Timothy who enters the mansion all ready for the day.

Dario continues his day trying to forget the girl. He was in his office and Timothy enters his office with the union leader of the mill.
"Mr. King, we all have made peace on the fact that we won't be getting out Christmas bonus this year. But we have a request. We request you to hand us next month's salary a few data early. This way we can least celebrate Christmas. Please, sir, we are desperate. Please, think of our children" requests the union leader.
"What will you do next month if you spend all the next month's salary this month?" Asks Dario.
"We will make cuts and manage" convinces the union leader and though Dario didn't like the idea, he agrees.
Timothy smiles and says "I'll bring in the cheques for you to sign, sir" and walks out of Dario's office.

After a few minutes, Timothy brings the cheques. Dario was known to never sign anything without first reading it, so he goes through all the cheques making sure the amount in number and words were filled correctly. When satisfied, he was about to sign when he instinctively turns to his right and sees the same girl from last night seated outside a large window of his office.
Dario turns to look at Timothy who's concentration was on his phone.
"What do you see in that window?" Asks Dario.
Timothy looks up at the window and says "snow. Outside. Mountains"
Dario turns to look back at the window and sees the girl gone.
"What's wrong sir?" Asks Timothy.
"Nothing. Leave" says Dario and Timothy leave, confused.

Dario attempts to sign the cheques for the second time and hears "what are you doing?"
Dario looks up and sees the girl seated on the edge of his table, to his right.
"How did you come in?" Asks Dario looking at the window which was shut closed.
"Magic" smiles the girl.
"Get out before I call security," says Dario.
"Don't be so hostile. I simply came to say hi. Hi" says the girl and then looks at the cheque.
"Are those bonus cheques?" Asks the girl.
"No, these are salary cheques. Those dumb workers want the salary a bit early" says Dario.
"They wouldn't have to if you gave them their bonuses," says the girl.
"I have a valid reason," says Dario.
"So you won't give them their bonuses?" Asks the girl.
"No," says Dario.
"Fine. Now, don't go blaming me for what I am about to do. What comes next, remember it was for the good" says the girl, and Dario just had it.

Dario screams Timothy's name and when he rushes in, Dario says "throw this girl out of here"
Timothy looks around the room and asks "what girl?"
"Are you blind? This girl" says Dario and points in the girl's direction but she was gone.
"She is gone," says Dario.
"You ok sir? You don't seem like yourself today" says Timothy.
"I am fine. Just get me an aspirin" says Dario and Timothy get him an aspirin with some hot coffee.

After a few minutes, Dario gets back to work still looking around for that girl but he didn't see her again after that. He was incredibly distracted but he did manage to sign all the cheques and hand it to Timothy for distribution.