THIRTY EIGHT

Word Count: 1771

~Aven

I nearly laugh.

Instead, I compose myself, focusing on each of their faces in turn. The look so serious, considering what they are asking me. I'm not going to pretend like I'm not confused about Stace and what he is done, but Senna, and this girl who claims to be my sister are the last people I want to associate with.

I summon a deep breath, deciding what I need to do. "Let me go back."

"I don't think so," Castiel laughs. So what, they plan on keeping me here forever? Stace and Eryk will already be looking for me by now, and they will know exactly who took me.

"If I go back, and I can face him, talk to him about this," I explain calmly. I need to talk my way out of this, to convince them I'm on their side, and that they can trust me to leave and come back. Doing so will not be easy.

"No, you need to stay here," Larea says, sounding regretful despite herself. "You hate your powers, don't you? We can help you rid of them."

I frown. "You can do that?"

"Yes, if that's what you want."

There is something sad, in Larea. She's not just trying to gain favour with me for the purpose of keeping me here, getting me to side with them. Instead, she wants me to like her. She wants me see that she is her sister, and that I can trust her. And yet I don't care...I don't care that she wants me to like her. I don't, and I'm not sure I ever will.

"I still want to go back," I say, ignoring her. Whether they can rid of my powers or not, I need to get out of here. "I can tell Stace I'm done with him, that I want to reject him. Otherwise he won't stop until I'm found."

Larea looks over her shoulder at Castiel and Senna. "She's right."

"I know she's right, but it's a risk sending her back," Castiel snaps. I watch him with narrowed eyes, noting his slightly shaky tone and shifting feet.

They are scared of him. Scared of Stace.

They want me, to use me against him. But now they have me, and I'm agitated. Stace is going to try find me, and being that I'm his mate, he isn't going to stop. These people know that, and now that they have me, they are clearly concerned about him appearing and killing them all in one sweep to have me returned.

And because of that, I'm certain they are going to make foolish decisions.

"If you really want me to join you, I don't see what the big deal is," I say with a shrug. "Unless you want Stace pursuing you for the rest of time."

All of three of them exchange wary glances before Senna turns back to me. "Fine, but you must return quickly."

I smile.

"Deliver me back to the motel. It can be down the street, but make sure that Stace cannot see you," I instruct. They all nod, before Larea motions are Castiel, who steps forward with a bag in his hand.

Scrunching my nose up, I wince as it's pulled over my head. They might be making a mistake letting me go, but they aren't about to let me see where their base is located.

"Make it quick. You will have five minutes before we come and get you again," Castiel mutters as the rope is untied from around my wrists.

Even if they can't get me when I'm near Stace, they aren't going to let up. They will continue pursuing me until they have what they desire...

***

This time, I'm not injected, and have to endure the ride back to the small village, and the motel that Stace may not even be at.