we cannot become what we want without changing who we are

Snow mixed with rain, as the temperature dropped. The wind shook large trees violently as the storm passed through the small town. The smell of cherry blossoms was thick in the air, and pink petals dropped to the ground before gliding on the wind. Some flew into an open window that sang violently, the curtains blowing forward.

Paper from the desk – by the window, flew around the room. Tsunayoshi felt like he was burning alive, even with the cold winter wind blowing into his room. He felt weak and sick. He groaned as he fanned himself with a pretty yellow fan. His brown eyes turned a burning orange as he felt his blood boil under his skin. It was as if his veins carried fire into his heart.

His cheeks were rosy in colour as he leaned back against his bed. the small table in front of him held a bottle of empty water as they scattered across the room from the chaotic wind.

Maybe a cold shower? He wondered. As he continued to fan himself. Beads of sweat fell down his face, onto his dark colour t-shirt. Would Reborn know what's wrong with me? he pushed his hair back from his face, head leaning against the mattress. With his flushed complexion; he looked as if he had drunk alcohol.

He took a deep breath, moving his hands slowly to grab another bottle of water off the small table.

His hyper-intuition barked alarms in his head as he felt the air shift around him. what is wrong with me? his lips felt dry, eyes burned as he closed them. Head falling back onto the soft mattress.

He desperately wished Reborn was here, he could most likely help him. Maybe he knew what was going on. Maybe, this was a reaction of the dying will bullet just like the previous disease bought forward he chuckled. He nearly died of embarrassment back then. unfortunately, the ninth took Reborn for a mission at the worst time. He shook his head.

What Tsunayoshi did not realize at this moment was that his hair turned white – from root to tip, growing long as it lay on the mattress.

Downstairs, Nana felt the air shift as she looked up at the clock, the hands turning to four in the morning. She put down her tea, humming a soft tune. A gentle – proud smile lit her face up. She could feel the heat from her son's room. The chaotic fire, his yokai blood woke. The smell of another yokai was fresh in the air.

She looked down at the travel card lying flat on the table. Her husband sent her one of nosy New York this time. Her eyes became gentle as a look of love settled in her eyes.

My dear, Nana I will be home soon, your love

She sighed deeply, hopefully, the training provided by the humans would help her son master his transformation more quicker.

Walking up the steps, she looked into each person's room. I-pin, Futa, and Lambo slept peacefully each looking happy. Touching their forehead she made them fall into a deeper sleep. Putting the fan on in their room.
Bianchi slept with a snake wrapped in her embrace mumbling Reborn's name. Nana put her palm to her forehead, making her fall into a deeper sleep. Putting the fan on in her room too. Smiling she walked into her son's room.

'Tsu-Kun, how are you feeling?' her voice was gentle, as she closed the door behind her softly. Her eyes focused on her son's white hair. His yokai form is starting to show.

'Mum' he looked at her, with blurred vision. 'I need to find Reborn or dad'. He pushed himself up, and the tips of his hair turned a bright blood red as he looked more mature.

'Dear' she pushed the water bottles out of her way, sitting down next to her son. Her hands were placed on his forehead. 'This had nothing to do with your father, now focus on the flame and grasp it' she smiled proudly, her son's eyes turned a deep sun-like colour, and as he focused on the flame inside of him, somehow her words made sense. 'Good Job' she praised, patting his head.

She felt his temperature instantly drop. 'Good now bring forth the power you feel the air turned thick around them as his fear poured out of his body. 'Amazing, do you feel better?' she laughed as her son looked around his room confused and at her.

'Mum you-' his sore throat stopped him from speaking, and without answering she gave him a drink. He could see her true form now, her root as white as snow, while the tips of her hair were a deep blood red.

'I'm glad you didn't reject the power' she smiled 'it would cause you to have split personalities- like your cousin' she laughed at her son's face. He looked at her in disbelief.

'M-um – w-w-what are y-you?' he gasped as he felt power surge through him, reacting to his own emotions strongly. He felt different like there was more to discover from the word.

'Simply put, a yokai – and you too' she smiled at him, patting his head and keeping him calm. 'your power is strong, yet wild – you'll need training' she nodded her head. 'Can't have you go bers

'Mum! You must be joking – a – a yokai?' he looked at her crazily. Stopping himself from shrieking. Mafia first, now I'm a Yokai? He knew she was telling him the truth he could feel that his appearance was different.

'Your father isn't the only one with secrets' she shrugged her shoulders, pulling him up to his feet. 'your half-yokai, human from your father's side, and yokai from mine' she explained.

'I'm sending you to the secret village to train, I'm not having you destroy or kill anyone by accident' she nodded her head.

'Kill? Train? Village? You know about dad?' he felt tears form at the corner of his eyes. 'MUM' he shrieked in a whisper. 'How could you keep this quiet from me? I don't want to train even more' he whined. I'm scared of yokai; now I'm a yokai? I'm scared of myself? he felt confused, the mafia first and now he was part of some ancient yokai clan. He bought his head on the table, though jumping around in his head. Being in this form felt like he was in his hyper-dying will mode.

'I'll send you to your grandfathers, first' she looked at her son's calm face as he looked up at her. 'Your cousin, he is similar to you- you'll learn well this summer.'

The clock turned to six in the morning, Tsuna was able to return to his human form, without scaring the humans in the house. He felt conflicted, would Reborn even allow him to leave so he could train? He wondered.

Nana allowed her son to process everything, as she walked to create breakfast. Her husband should be home in two hours. She hummed happily, she felt like she was on cloud nine. Her son was a yokai like her and her love, her husband was going to be home soon.

She made lots of food as Bianchi walked into the dining room, she whistled in surprise. 'Is Papa coming home today mama?

Nana stopped chopping the vegetables for a few seconds. 'Yes! He is'

she smiled brightly. As she continued to chop away at a high speed.

Futa, Lambo, I-pin walked eat away happily.

'Gha-ha-ha, this all is Lambo-Sama's' Lambo's small hands grabbed a few plates, hogging to his chest a bright, smug smile landed on his face.

'Lambo!' I-pin yelled, standing up on her chair. 'Sharing is caring!' she grasped her plate back.

'Tail-head, give it back its Lambo-Sama's' Lambo frowned, ready to fight pink hand grenades in his hands ready to throw. Before he could do anything Tsunayoshi grabbed the grenade's replacing them with grapes. Seeing the grapes in his hands, he laughed calming down.

'Tsuna is Lambo-Sama's slave' he proudly announced, continuing to eat his food. The vongola ring hanging from his afro sparkled with thunder, as he tried his best to eat more than he possibly could.

Tsunayoshi shook his head as he sat down at his seat 'Is dad coming home?' he asked, loading food on his plate. His mother nodded her head before bringing more food on the table.

Before Tuna could eat, he was kicked by Reborn. 'Don't ask dumb questions Dame-Tsuna'.

'Reborn' Tsuna whined.

Ever since his yokai blood awoke, his body now, was much stronger. He wasn't just a human anymore.

Grunting from the pain, Tsuna rubbed his sit. Though, normally he would be thrown off his seat into a wall or the floor. This time he stayed seated. Reborn's eyes narrowed, as a smirk formed at the corner of his lips.