Everything has beauty, are you able to finally see it

The sky was bleak in the colour grey, rain poured fiercely as the pitter-patter made Rikuo sleepy, eyes dropping as yuki-onna bought him a hot drink. 'Young master' she smiled, as the below-freezing air around her bought down the temperature in the room.

'Yuki-onna, thank you' Rikuo grabbed the warm drink as he relaxed back into his chair, the kotatsu making him lean onto the table.

'Rikuo-Kun!' his mother's light voice woke him up, running his hands through his hair he laughed at his mum; who had a silly smile on her face. 'I found a letter addressed to both of us! Let's read it'.

His mother's eyes shone as she looked at the letter, a lovely smile graced her lips making her look like a young girl in love.

Picking up his glasses from the table, he put them on. As he adjusted the outer layer of his yukata. He made space for his mum as he sat close to him.

He looked at the envelope with curiosity. 'Is this from a friend of yours or another alliance letter?' he asked, scratching his head. Wakana shook her head as she carefully opened the letter.

'This is from a dear friend' her eyes seemed starry as she looked at the letter. 'I've not seen her since she got married' she sighed.

'Is she a human?' he asked slowly, as he leaned back in the chair. The name Sawada caught his eye. The letter was addressed to both him and his mother. He looked at the careful calligraphy.

'Nope, a Yokai' she opened the letter. 'Last time she visited us you were just a baby, barely a few hours old'

Rikuo nodded his head, short pieces of dark, inky hair fell on top of his glasses.

Dear Wakana and Rikuo,

I hope my letter finds you well. I will be sending my son Tsu-kun to your home for the summer.

My blood in him was awakened. He needs time to control his strength. Father already knows of this – hopefully, we will be able to see each other.

Rikuo stopped reading, a mysterious cousin popped out of nowhere. He looked at his mother full of spirit as he rambled on about how excited she was.