Ch.2: Saving a schnee and a kitten

Morning shifted across blue skies as birds chirped a bit from outside. A humming drifted. Sizzling of beacon cooed the air. Popping of eggs. Y/n moved the spatula around. Making sausage sizzles. Moving her jaw around slightly. Sizzle sizzle pop! Grunting slightly from grease burning her fingers. Her wolf ears twitched when she heard pitter patter of feet. Turning her eyes to behind her to see the small children she found outside yesterday during the rain.

Y/n: "Morning little ones. Go ahead and sit at the table. Breakfast will be ready shortly."

Chairs slide as they climbed onto the chairs. Humming again as Y/n slid the breakfast onto the plates. Passing them to Yang and Ruby. Beginning to clean dishes. Ears twitching. Moving at the table. Sitting down with them, watching quietly. Seeing them enjoying their food. Then her focus latched onto yang, basically eldest she could tell from the two.

Y/n: "Yang. I have a question if could answer. Why were you and ruby out on the street."

Yang became quiet along with stop eating. Y/n's ears perked a bit. Listening. Yang begins to speak.

Yang: "D-Daddy kicked us out."

This caught her attention quickly.

Y/n: "Kicked you out? Why?"

Yang: "H-He said it's our fault mama passed away from a mission."

Of course. An excuse to blame a child for a parents death. They were children. What would they ever do?

Y/n: "Sweetie. Your father is lying. It's not truly your fault. If anything that's an not an excuse to kick you out."

Judging now these girls are homeless from this. Well maybe not. Since youth, Y/n would often imagine having little pups of her own pups running around her home. But it's been a struggle for her tho. Even when she wanted to find a partner that'll fit her. Although knowing that won't happen anytime soon. Sucking in a breathe. Then sighing out.

Y/n: "If you wish. You and Ruby are welcomed with open arms to live with me. I promise I'll be more.... Better parenting then him."

Yang looked up at Y/n. Probably scanning her eyes for any aggression or hurtful nature. She couldn't blame the child for doing so. It's instinct especially when it comes to being yelled and throw out by her 'father'.

Yang: "Are you lying?"

Y/n: "I promise you little fire I'm not."

Yang then held her pinky out, gazing at her.

Yang: "Pinky promise?"

Breathing softly, gently wrapping her own gloved pinky around yang's.

Y/n: "I promise yang."

Shaking slightly. Y/n pulled back a bit. Breathing once more.

Y/n: "Speaking of which I think we should get you girls new clothes since y'all are going to be leaving here with me. Thankfully I know good stores that sell them."

Minutes go by. Y/n walked along as she held hands with Ruby and Yang. Gazing at stores from each shop. Y/n mumbled slightly. Entering a tiny mall. Searching. Moving as people gazed at her to which she ignored. Entering a small shop. Glancing at the girls.

Y/n: "Good ahead and pick out the outfits you want girls."

Standing as they quickly went to look at clothes. Keeping a close eye on them. Ears twitching. Watching every move of the customers that were in here. Eventually the girls came with some clothes in their arms. Y/n noticed Ruby a Crow stuffed animal in Ruby's arms.