Chapter 2: Delaware

I remember the last time I was in the US was when I was eight. We lived in New York, in a modest apartment, because back then my parents were just starting out. We had arrived in Delaware in a private plane. Yes, a private plane. My parents are too much sometimes, there's nothing wrong with a commercial plane, but I'm not complaining. We walk off the plane and into a limo with the darkest windows I've ever seen. The wind was freezing. It was a big change from the hot summer of Australia to the freezing winter of America.

"We'll be taking this car to our new house because we haven't had time to look for a new car. What car should we get? Rolls Royce? We've even got ourselves a personal driver for the day." my dad grinned. 

"How about a Ute, that seems cool. And it'll fit all our suitcases." I retorted. "Why is this so fancy?"

"Why not? We're going straight to your new school so we might as well make a good impression. And anyways you kids deserve it, there's sparkling cider inside." my dad replied.

"Come on Jacob and Y/n, you won't make a good impression if you turn up late to your new school."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at Tatnall and wow it was fancy. I mean I've been at a lot of fancy schools but I'll never get used to my first impression on them.

 I mean I've been at a lot of fancy schools but I'll never get used to my first impression on them

We enter the front office and an office lady greets us.

"Hello, welcome to Tatnall, what can I help you with?"

"We're here to finalise the payment for Jacob and Y/n Kennedy. We're paying the school fees in full." my dad replies.

"Of course, let me get the paperwork."

About an hour later, my parents were able to finalise the paperwork and a lady with brown hair let us inside the school.

"Welcome to your new school. I'll be taking you on a tour around the campus. Feel free to ask any questions."

She took us around the school and when I say the school was massive, it was massive. She showed us all the classrooms and honestly I didn't know how I was going to get to class without getting lost. We went to the football field, which was white with snow. Their football field wasn't even a football field, it was literally as big as an airport. 

We entered a hall and as we did, a soccer ball comes rolling our way. A brown haired boy with blue eyes runs over to us. He was wearing a dark blue navy shirt with the word Tatnall printed in yellow. He grabs the soccer ball and apologises.

"Hunter, meet the new students. Y/n is going to be starting here next Monday. This is her brother, Jacob."

"Hey Y/n, hey Jacob, nice to meet you. I'm Hunter. I hope you like the school tour." Hunter smiles and waves at us. "Anyways, I'll see you  around."

He turns around and runs back to his friends. 

"Y/n, you'll be in Hunter's grade, so the in the hall right now will be in your class. Let's take a look around and see if there's anyone in Jacob's grade."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the school tour we take a tour of our new town, Wilmington. As we got out of the limo to take a walk around town, I could see heads turning. We looked like a rich, snobby family. After a few hours of walking around, we went home and ordered Taco Bell for dinner. I haven't had Taco Bell since I was eight. We ended up sitting on the floor because we had no furniture.

"How was the tour? I've heard it's a great school." my mum asks.

"It was pretty cool. I can live my American football boy dream. The field was huge!" Jacob exclaims. 

"It was great, but I still miss Sydney. I would be hanging out with my friends at lunch right now." I yawn. I check my phone. 6:26 pm.

"It's been a long day, but I really like the town, everyone seems friendly." my mum sighs. "I would prefer not to sleep on the floor tonight though."

"It's okay hon, our furniture should come by tomorrow, I even paid extra for extra fast delivery." my dad hugged my mum. 

I could tell everyone was tired. Besides Jacob, he looked like he could play in a football game and still come home energetic. 

"We still have to build everything from scratch. Also Y/n ordered basically her whole room off of Ikea so we'll end up spending the whole day trying to read the instructions." my mum laughs.

"I love Ikea! They have the cutest things. I just got this plush, I think it's a pink, squishy dragon called Kloomp or something."

"Well that's tomorrows worry, I'll grab the mop and mop up the living room floor before we sleep." dad replies.

"You transported a mop from Australia to here?" my brother asks confused.

"No silly, we bought some supplies from the supermarket while you guys were looking at all the stores in town. You looked like tourists, taking photos of all the shops." my mum rubs her eyes. "Come on, take all the toiletries upstairs and go take a shower, you guys haven't showered in like three days."

As I showered and brushed my teeth, I couldn't help thinking about my new school. Tatnall. Even the name sounds fancy. I couldn't get my mind off that boy. Hunter. Who was he? I guess it was time to go on Instagram and do one of my stalking sessions. I shouldn't be too attached though because I was going to move in a years time anyway. But somehow he was different to all my other crushes, he gave off a different vibe. Hunter...that was the last thought that left my mind as I fell asleep on the living room floor.