Chapter 4: Chemistry

"The bathroom is just this way." Hunter walked in the direction of a building.

"Thank you, you didn't have to." I reply nervously.

"No it's fine, I didn't want to listen to the football talk anyways. There's always the new football wannabe, no offence to your brother."

"None taken."

He was wearing a blue Nike Jumper with cream coloured jeans and blue vans. He smelt really nice too. It was kind of a grapey, fruity smell, yet it suited him. Why did I notice this? I honestly don't know. He placed his hands in his hoodie. Imagine being able to hold his hand. 

He walked inside the building and stopped in front of a door. I stopped behind him.

"Well, this is the girls bathroom, I don't think I can go any further." 

I blushed, why was I like this. Just as I was about to enter the bathroom, two girls came out laughing.

"Hunter, what are you doing here?" a girl with blue eyes and brown hair asked.

Was that his girlfriend? Girl bestfriend. The other girl had hazel eyes and dirty blonde hair. She looked at me and smiled. 

"Oh, it's the new kid! Was it her or the guy that was in our grade?" she asked the blue eyed girl.

"Wait, you're the one giving her the tour? I wanted to do that." the blue eyed girl replied.

"I'm just showing her the bathroom. If you wanted you could show her the tour of the bathroom cause I can't go in there." 

"I'm sure she'll be fine, but when she gets out we're coming on the tour with you."

I lower my head and quickly go to the bathroom. Today has been an embarrassing morning. First I stare right at Hunter like a weirdo and now Hunter might have a girlfriend. I wash my hands and walk out and there he is talking with the other two girls.

"Hey it's Y/n right? Sorry I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Nat and this is Ash." the blue eyed girl says.

"Oh, hi Nat and Ash. It's nice to meet you."

"You look nervous, don't be. You'll love it here." Ash responds. "Come, we'll show you to your first class. What do you have first?"

I open up my bag and take out my timetable. Science with Mr. foster.

"That's not too bad, we'll be in the same class. Can I take a look?" 

I give Hunter my timetable and the girls start walking out the building.

"We have Science, Spanish, Maths and Sport together. That's pretty good." he comments. "Here, I'll put it back in your bag for you."

We stop and he unzips my bag. Nat and Ash stop and start walking towards us.

"Come on guys, we don't want to be late for your first class." Nat crosses her arms.

Ash comes up from behind and helps Hunter zip up my bag. I shivered. I should've brought a coat.

"Let's go before Y/n freezes to death." Ash links her arm around mine. We walk to another building, this one was larger. We walk inside and past a couple of classrooms.

"This is Mr. Foster's class." Nat stops at a classroom and walks in. Inside was a bunch of lab benches.

"Natalie Biden! What are you doing here, I don't think we have class together I'm teaching your class today." A clean shaved man with brown hair was sitting at his desk at the front of the class. He had brown eyes and was wearing glasses.

"Hi sir, we're just showing Y/n to her first class. It's her first day today." Nat explains

"Y/n Kennedy? You're the girl all the way from Australia right?" Mr. Foster asks.

"Yes sir, it's a bit strange being in America."

"Of course, I've heard that your family travels a lot. What new business deal have the Kennedy's made this year?"

"Uh, I'm not too sure about this year, but they made a deal with Pandora last year in Australia." I leaned on the classroom wall awkwardly. 

"Wait, no way you're that Y/n Kennedy! I saw that fashion show you did when you were eight in New York wit Dior! I literally wanted to become you back then." Ash exclaims.

"Yeah, that was fun, but my parents haven't teamed up with any fashion designers lately so I haven't done a fashion show in a while." I fidgeted with my bag strap behind my back. 

"Anyways, enough with the questions, let Y/n enjoy her morning. Pick a seat Y/n." Mr. Foster motions for me to pick a seat.

I picked a seat in the back corner, next to a wall. Hunter comes and sits beside me. He pulls out his phone to check the time.

"We've got like three minutes before the bell rings, so I guess you can relax for a bit. I'm just going to grab a few books from my locker, I'll be back." Hunter walks out the door. Nat and Ash sit beside me.

"Do you have any socials?" Ash asks. I nod

"Add me! It's basically just Ashley Betham on everything."

"Mines just Nat Biden, text us if you have any questions or for anything really."

As Hunter walks through the door with books, the bell rings.

"Enjoy class! You should go to the office to ask for a locker." Nat and Ash wave and leave the classroom.

Hunter sits back down besides me and opens a textbook with the word chemistry printed at the front. We're learning about chemistry. Great. I was terrible at chemistry. Slowly students started to file into the classroom and take their seats.

"So that was your sister and...?" I started

"That's her best friend Ashley. They're pretty cool once you get to know them, although I am her brother so I could be biased." he looks at me. I swear I melted a bit under his gaze.

"So anyways do you have a-" A voice interrupted me. I was kind of grateful because I knew that if I had said that to him it would've been awkward. The things he's doing to me and he doesn't even know it.

"Hunter! What's up, who's this girl?" a blonde guy with blue eyes comes up to us and sits beside Hunter.

"This is Y/n, a new student from Australia." he smiles at me. That smile, oh gosh.

"Hey, I'm Karl. Nice to meet you Y/n." he waves.

And just like that my first class at Tatnall had started. Chemistry was pretty fun. I didn't exactly learn anything because I was distracted by Hunter and his laugh most of the time. Surprisingly sitting next to him wasn't awkward. We connected immediately and yes, I learnt that Hunter was in fact single. You could say that we had some chemistry together. (I'll stop.) But as he said those words, "Yeah, I don't really like anyone right now, how about you?", my heart started fluttering. It felt like my heart was about to fly away. For the rest of the lesson my heart wouldn't stop pounding. He was single. Those words had just made my entire day.