Chapter 4 - Intuition

*A week later*

Austin and I had been finalising training schedules and making sure our own duties were covered at High Priestess before we left for The Star pack, it was only 30 minutes away by car.

As we got into their town I was shocked at how different it was to ours, it was bigger and the buildings taller and more intimidating.

We pulled up to the pack house where The Star packs leaders all lived, the Alpha, his mate, the Beta and The Gamma and his mate live here, this is where Austin and I will be staying in their guest area and the warriors will come here for training, they have a large training area to the side of the house and a pool and BBQ area on the other side, it was a beautiful place, the woods here were the same as our woods, our pack was on one side these guys on the other. With two other packs across from each other in the opposite way, so we were north, The Star pack was south of the woods and The Wheel of Fortune pack was East and The World pack was West.

As we pulled up Kora began to pace around my head, she was feeling restless, "Don't worry Kora, we will get out and run soon"

"ok Kacey, im feeling a little uneasy" she said agitated.

I stepped out the car and the hairs on my neck stood up, hmm yea something about this place was thick with tension, I though maybe it was because of the recent attack, they lost 5 warriors to a dark magic attack which was pretty rare, so maybe the pack is just shaken up.

I grabbed my bags from the back and Austin grabbed his and we headed towards the front door. Austin looking around "wow this place is nice" he said , I scoffed thinking 'such a boy response'.

Before we could knock on the door, it swung open, there stood two people and man and women, He was tall about 6ft with dark blond hair and blue eyes, he had a kind face and a short beard roughly 25. She was about 5'9 with brown hair that was really long and blue eyes, she smiled kindly at us, she looked a little younger maybe my age.

She opened her arms "welcome, welcome to The Star pack, you two must be Kacey and Austin yes?"

I replied "yes we are" stepping into her arms giving her a hug, I wasn't usually a hug stranger's, especially ones I'm working with kind of person but how can you say no when her arms are wide and waiting expectantly, Austin stood back a bit letting me greet the two first.

She let me go and said " I'm Emma, the Gamma's mate and this is Karl the Star pack Gamma"

Pointing to her partner Karl, I shook his hand saying "I'm Kacey and this is my brother Austin" Austin stepped forward shaking both of their hands.

Emma stepped into the house holding the door saying "Come in, let me show you the guest quarters"

We walked into a massive lounge area with a big couch and tv, there was a particular smell the house had, like fresh oj and sandalwood it was homely, I liked it. I felt Kora relax as I inhaled the houses scent. Emma guided us down a hallway on the ground floor.

"There a 4 floors, ground floor is living lounge, kitchen, gym etc, first floor is meeting rooms and offices, second floor Karl and I live there, Third floor our Beta Jimmy lives there and the fourth floor is where our Alpha and Luna live".

Both Austin and I nodded politely as she showed us around guiding us to where we would be staying, she opened up a door and said "this is one of the rooms and the other is just there on the other side of the hall, were having lunch in 45 if you care to join us, or I can get food sent to your rooms"

"we will be more than happy to join, get to know everyone before we start training tomorrow" I said

"wonderful, see you both soon" Emma said, turning around and heading back down the hall, I moved off to the other room and opened the door, the citrus and sandalwood smell wasn't as prominent here as it was in the lounge, however it was a nice space, kind of beachy with light wood and blue decorations. I set my bags down and unpacked, I pulled out my schedule and looked over it, 40 minutes later, I knocked on Austin's door, I could hear him talking to Tarryn, I waiting for him to finish and open the door, we both headed to lunch together.

The pack was really lovely, everyone welcomed us in. I found out that the Alpha Anders and his Beta Jimmy are away for business, trying to figure out why they were attacked. They are expected home in 10 days. That is perfect as I have a 10 day schedule planned and have left room in case anything needs to be tweaked. Austin is chatting to Karl, Emma and I are talking about my studies, being the Gamma she didn't go to college as she met Karl when she turned 18 but he was a few years older than her he was 21 when they met. I was right about Emma and I being the same age, she just turned 21 May and I'm turning 21 in November. She was explaining how when she turned 18 she went shopping and could smell a strong freshly baked bread and salt smell. "oh it was making my mouth water as I wandered around the food court of the mall, but for the life of me I couldn't find any bakery or pretzel place, then out of a sports shop wanders Karl and some of his mates, he saw me and stopped dead, we just stared at each other for god knows how long, then he came over and was the perfect gentleman about it all" she reels off flashing and loved up look to Karl.

"that is such a sweet story, I love how everyone has their own scent to their mate, I wonder what my mate will smell like, hopefully spicy with a hint of sweet" I said laughing.

Feeling much more at ease now, Austin and I explained to Karl the regime we have built, he was very impressed and said he will get the warriors over tonight for a brief and we will start first thing in the morning.

The next few days were a blur of blood, sweat and tears on some warrior's account. Yes I can be a bit of a hard ass, but I needed them to be disciplined and work as a team, on the first day some of the old packs warriors rocked up late, they were made an example of, don't rock up late and not expect to do a drill circuit in front of everyone. After that no one was late. A couple meat heads were a bit put off about being trained by a woman but once we started sparing they were the first ones I picked again to prove a point and they were soon realising how strong I was.

I used the same schedule that worked for me and it seemed to be working we were one week in and the team started to really blend well together and work seamlessly.

"you've done a great job KiKI" Austin said as we were watching the warriors spar, "they are really starting to come together and in only a week"

I clapped him on the back "couldn't have done it without you brother"

He winked as we moved off.

I spotted a tall blonde girl watching from the upper windows of the house, I had seen this lady watching the training a few times, however I never saw her at meal times or inside the house. Every time I saw her watching it gave me the creeps, I would know when she was watching as well, the hairs on my neck and arms would prickle and I would feel uneasy, I could always feel Kora looking around for danger and she would resume her pacing.