Chapter 6 - He is here

As Friday rolls around, the warriors were working really well together and started to have input in what they would like to do, so maybe tomorrow as my last day here I'll do swimming trials.

Karl is down here with us since our meeting the other night, he was sparing with one of the front-line guys who is massive, he is keeping up well.

I was directing a few of the girls making sure they were really planting their feet "you are only as strong as your human, if you can't fight in human form, then you are at a disadvantage, always start the fight in human form, then transform" They nodded and changed their stance.

Karl came over at that point "These guys are working together like a well-oiled machine; you can give your dad a run for his money Kacey"

I smiled at that.

"Hey you reckon we could do a pool day tomorrow, swimming trial etc? is there a lake around here"

"Yea we have a pool round the back or a lake a bit of a trek away, the pool is large enough to set up swimming circuits for you"

"Cool yea, the pool will do"

"Ill let the cooks know, they can do a BBQ for lunch out on the terrace then"

"Awesome, also when are the Alpha and Beta due back? Id love to have a meeting with them before I head off Sunday Morning"

"They are actually on their way back in today, the meeting was just a bunch of dead ends, unsure of why we were attacked" Karl said whilst rubbing the back of his neck.

I frowned, this pack was attacked by dark magic, no one has really spoken of the attack whilst I have been here, but Kora definitely feels on edge.

Kora pips up at that thought "Unless we are in the alpha's office"

"What is it with you are the Alpha's office, its all you have spoken about for 2 days"

"It was just such an amazing vibe in there" As Kora goes on about how good the vibe was, she rolls into that same submissive pose.

"Oi, not the time to submit little lady"

Karl was saying something as I stopped the inner chat with Kora. He looks over at me.

"Sorry Kora was going on about"

Karl laughed "Yea, I get that, knives is always butting in, especially if someone mentions Emma or her wolf Emerald. Can't get him back on track sometimes"

"Your wolfs name is Knives, I love that... so he gets distracted by Emma's name"

"Yes, and her scent, if she has been in my office and I haven't seen her for a while and I catch her scent, its over, knives lack of concentration stops me being able to concentrate so I have to go hunt Em down and give her a hug, so he cools it"

I groan "That sounds so lovely"

Karl smiles as he thinks about Emma, "She is" he says.

As we wrap up training, I head to shower and change before grabbing a snack and sitting down at my desk to do some study. I'm deep in concentration when the hairs on my neck lift. Kora perks up assessing what's going on. That's when I hear voices out the front.

"Hey mate, good to see you" That had to be Karl sounded like him.

The voice that replied was like caramel, smooth, deep and oozes power.

"Hi Karl, good to see you, how is everything holding up"

Kora practically explodes and I fight to keep control over her. Shocked, I lurch for the door trying to hold her back.

"KORA what are you doing"

Her words shock me beyond anything I could imagine.

"MATE, that's our MATE"