I can't lose you! Not again! Part III

"What do you mean? I look fine! R-right?" asked Blake nervously. All he got in return were slow head shakes and disappointed looks. He sighed and agreed.
"Alright, fine, but this better not take long!"
"Ha! Give me half an hour." Ben jumped in on the conversation and dragged Blake upstairs. Terry sighed and waited downstairs, starting to get bored out of his mind.
"Are you two done yet?" he yelled upstairs. Blake came downstairs and sighed.
"Go on, tell me I look like an idiot." he grumbled as he glared at Ben, who rolled his eyes and poked his tongue out. Terry simply smiled and said
"No no, you look wonderful! Perfect actually, considering what day it is!"
"Hold on what day is it?" enquired Blake. Terry showed him a calendar. It displayed the date February 14th.
"V-valentines day? No no no no no I can't do this today!" Blake was starting to panic, but Terry gave him a gentle smack.
"Pull yourself together man! This is the perfect day for this, you look absolutely wonderful, we'll get you a dozen roses and you're going to take her on the most romantic date in the entire history of dates, do you hear me mister?"
"Y-yes- sorry-" mumbled Blake, now seeing why Ben is so well behaved. When he wanted to be, Terry could be terrifying! He got up and Terry took him to the florist and bought him a bouquet of roses in Rachel's favourite colour before sending him on his way. Beyond nervous, Blake knocked on the front door. Rachel groaned and opened it, tapping her foot impatiently and folding her arms.
"You're late." she gave him an extremely stern look.
"I- um- s-sorry- I just- wanted- to look nice- b-but I'm here now!" Blake shyly handed her the roses. She took them indoors and put them in a vase with some water and went back to him.
"Better late than never I suppose."
Blake took her hand in his and walked her to her favourite childhood arcade. Rachel was very impressed by how well he knew her, but she hid it very well from him.
"Wait here, I've got a secret skill I want to show you!" Blake seemed excited to impress her, as he believed he had not yet done so. He went to a claw machine game and, on the very first attempt, won her a Hello Kitty plush that was holding a little satin heart with the words 'Be Mine' embroidered on it in beautiful cursive. She blushed as she took it from him, cuddling it close as a smile started to tug at her lips.
"How did you- do that?" she looked up at him. Blake blushed and nervously rubbed the back of his neck.
"R-raw talent? I have lots of other talents!" he responded.
"Even on Dance Dance Revolution?" enquired Rachel.
"Vive la révolution." Blake smiled at her.
"Y-you- speak French?" Rachel blushed madly, smiling.