4

walking out of the hidden area, i felt distressed, as if someone was following me. i kept turning my head back to see if i was right, but to no avail.

''so... do you maybe want to meet up to discuss...this..'' he motioned to the path.

i nodded and gave heeseung my number as we parted ways. the constant feeling of someone following me was getting scarier as the moments passed. as i arrived at the apartment block, my eyes fell onto  the elevator. i had always had a slight fear of them, but i think id feel safer than walking up the dimly lit stairs. as soon as i  entered, i let out a loud sigh, letting my thoughts consume me. i was busy thinking when the elevator stopped at a floor a few away from mine. i stood there waiting for someone to enter, but i was left alone.

''why did it stop here if no one wanted to enter?'' my thoughts were caught off when the elevator doors were about to close, i heard some commotion coming from behind one of the doors, the stairs door to be exact. when i arrived at my apartment, i went and grabbed ryujin to check it out with me, i mean i wasnt going down on my own, especially after today, but i couldnt send ryujin on her own. i was thinking it was some drunk men fighting as that was quite common around here. when we were going down the stairs, a foul and dirty smell only got stronger as we descended. the smell was too familiar. then we arrived at the floor right above it. floor 13. the smell was so strong i felt nauseous. we went down a few more steps and were met with something splashed on the wall. it was that thick, deep red sight i never wanted to see again. then i saw it. who ever it was, they were pretty much unrecognisable at this point. i pushed ryujin back up before she could see it and and ran back up the stairs. we ran to the elevator the floor above and got into the elevator.

''what was it willow?''

''it-it was a person''

''a person?''

''they- they were dead''

she stopped.

''they- they were..''

the elevator stopped and we ran to the reception. after telling the receptionist about it, she immediately called the police.

''ryujin, what happened? we never had stuff like this happen before.. why did it have to be us?''

she couldnt answer and just hugged me as we went up to our apartment. the feeling of someone following me was worn off, as if whoever that  was had gone or vanished. i felt heavy, as if something would happen to me. i asked ryujin could i sleep in her room with her, since i couldnt be alone, and being the best sister ever, she let me stay and told me she'd stay awake with me.

halfway through the night, i had woken up again. the constant waking up and falling asleep was annoying me so i just lied on the bed. i felt thirsty so i decided id really quickly get myself a drink and come straight back. i got up and went to the kitchen, which was only the next room, and made my drink. the room was cold but it was comforting. i went over to the window and stared at the traffic on the road. despite it being so late, the city was always busy. while watching from nearly the top floor of the building. everything looked so small and i was just staring around, when i ducked me head, without my body telling me to. as soon as i did, a load bang came from the glass as it shattered. i backed away and went to see what was on the floor. i took it into my hands and stood there. it  was a bullet with a note attached to it. i was shaking and almost ripped the note. it read..

''we can only save you two so many time, which means sometimes you'll have to take the pain. but since we are nice, if you can save us, we will keep you both safe. you will see both of us a lot, so get used to us.''

the note sent me into a streak of panic, as i ran back to ryujins room and hid beside her, but as i did so, my phone buzzed.

it was heeseung.

''did you get a note?''

''yes. it came through my window.''

heeseung was in the middle of typing when i got a message in a new group chat that read;

''Listen to us, and youll have no worries. Mess up and your fucked.

          -WH''

-------------------

801 words

-----------------

-----------------------