CHAPTER 30

“Pasensya ka na sa istorbo Angiela,” nakangiting sabi ni Angela sa akin habang nakaupo kami sa isa sa mga bakanteng table dito sa canteen. “Kailangan lang talaga kitang i-interview para sa school's newspaper natin.”

I give her a small smile then nod my head. “No problem.”

I was eating my snack when she approached me and ask for some time so she can interview me about the Math Competition. I think the school's newspaper will be featuring the winners of the competition.

She started asking some questions about me as we eat our snacks. I can clearly see the stares at us but I just chose to ignore it.

“You said that Math is your favorite subject right?” She asked making me nod my head. “Is there any reason why Math is your favorite subject?”

I drink on my juice first before I answered her questions.

“No specific reason,” I said then smiled. “I just enjoy solving problems and dealing with formulas, that's all.”

She nods her head as she writes down on her notes. I can't help but to stare at her. She's very proper.

“What was running to your mind while you are in the middle of the competition?”

“I was nervous,” I said. “But I manage to pull it off with of course Zach. He help me out a lot since it was my first time joining in those kind of competitions.”

With the mention of Zach's name, Angela suddenly looked uncomfortable. She quickly averted her gaze then nod her head.

She continued asking the questions she needed and I answered them willingly. Halos lahat naman doon ay tungkol sa competition na sinalihan ko. I wonder if Zach is also going to be interviewed.

While we are still in the middle of the interview, Brent suddenly appeared right in front of our table. Tumikhim ako dahil muntik na akong mabulunan sa gulat ng makita siyang nakatayo doon.

What the hell? Is he some kind of mushroom?

“You're still not done yet?” He asked.

I bit my lip when his gaze linger to me for a moment before he turn to Angela.

“Not yet,” Angela answered and looked down to her papers. “I still have three more questions.”

Brent nod his head then glance at his wrist watch.

“It's almost past recess time,” he said. “Hindi ka pa nakakakain ng maayos.”

I immediately looked away when he pat Angela's head. Gosh, what the hell? I pursed my lips.

“N-no it's fine,” I heard Angela said.

“Kumain ka na muna,” Brent said.

I almost rolled my eyes when I heard how soft he is talking right now. I badly want to tell them that I am just right here. I am a human being worthy of respect. Give me some respect, my goodness.

“Mamaya na nga lang,” nakangusong sabi ni Angela. “Nakakahiya kay Angiela. Naistorbo ko na siya eh.”

I force a smile at Angela then shook my head.

“No it's fine,” I said. I can feel Brent's gaze on me but I didn't look at him. “Uh you can just give me the copies of your remaining questions and I'll just answer them.”

“Is that okay with you?” Parang nahihiya pa na tanong niya.

Tipid akong ngumiti at saka tumango. She smiled at me then handed me the paper she was holding. I took them from her and stood up.