04

-

-

For a few minutes Naya didn't speak at all. Her mind working on a smart advice. Well, to be honest, the empire had a problem and she was not really sure, how she could help him.

"So you expect me to give you a solution?" She asked trying to hide her mocking tone. "It is your job, I guess." Cleon sent her a deadly glance and Naya blinked. "Well, I think you have a problem." Naya announced, causing Brother Day to groan.

"Oh? Really? For this Knowledge I wouldn't have hired an analyst." His voice was dripping with sarcasm and Naya couldn't surpress the small laugh, escaping from her mouth.

"So there is this luminist woman, called Zephyr Halima and she doesn't seem to like you a lot." Naya expressed her thoughts loud and Cleon decided to listen until she finished. "Since the Luminism is really influential and a lot of people support and follow the Luminism, her opinion about the Genetic Dynastie could cause some real problems." She added and frowned again.

"You need to prove her wrong, Empire.I think I already know, what you're thinking about and I'll support you. It's the only way." Naya raised her head and gave him a uncertain look.

Had she guessed right?

Did the Emperor want to leave Trantor, to proove the Luminists wrong? To convince them otherwise?

Yes, he did.

"Nobody of the former rulers had left Trantor since Cleon the first. Brother Dusk won't be delighted but it is my decision." There was anger in his voice. Disapproval against his own brother. She did not know what to answer and just nodded. Since when did Cleon mistrust his older Brother? It surprised her, that Brother Day was able to feel such feelings against his Copy. They were optimized and it did not really fit in the role of the great and wise Emperor. It was weird.

His deep voice interrupted her thoughts and brought her back to reality.

"You studied psychology as well, if I was informed right. I need an advisor, so I want you to come with me." It wasn't a request and Naya knew that she had no other choice than to join the Emperor.

Naya just hoped she wouldn't disappoint him.

Brother Day didn't seem to be in a good mood, when he did a step in the ship. He looked angry and nervous at the same time. It was weird to see him so unbalanced. Naya knew that the Emperor was an arrogant and lordly man, who tought that he and his dynasty where superior.

"What is it, that upsets you?" Naya dared to ask and Brother Day gave her a surprised look. "I'm not upset." He contradicted her words and the young woman sighed. "I apologize for my wrong assumption, Emperor" She forced a smile on her lips.

Another person stepped in the ship. It was Demerzel. Naya did not know why, but something about the blonde woman gave her a shiver. Was it the dead blue eyes? Or the emotionless way of speaking? There was something strange about her but Brother Day seemed to like her. They were close.

Demerzel said something to the Emperor and he nodded. "Then we should start." He answered and gave Naya a sign, to follow him. "We are now preparing for the jump." The Man said and they entered a room.

It wasn't her first jump but she was still tensed. She gave Brother Day a careful glance and it reassured her to know that she wasn't the only one, who was nervous.

After they entered the jumppods, a spacer came to them. The deep blue eyes who seemed to have the entire galaxie in them had a piercing glance. Sometimes Naya thought, they looked through her soul. Even if they were only androids, it was still creepy.

She looked one last time to Brother Day and realized once again, how beautiful he was. In a way she couldn't describe. He had blue eyes like the Spacer but unlike them, there was something in his eyes, that made Naya feel comfortable.

And then she closed her eyes and fell into a pleasing darkness.