Chapter 5 Waiting

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Will is full of anxiety. The hospital won't let anyone see Sarah yet. He sits in a molded plastic chair wringing his hands and scratching his neck. He just can't seem to get rid of this scratch. He looks up to see Sarah's mom resting her head on her husband's shoulder. He sighs and puts his head down again.

"Will?" Will looks up to see Alma, Molly, Bailey, Chloe, Zoe, and Regina standing there all with a mix of grieving expressions, and auras of sadness. "Hey guys."  says Will with a tired smile.

"Jeez you look awful." says Bailey sitting down next to him. Will grins and puts him in a head lock. "Thanks cuz." he says while ruffling Bailey's hair. "Dude stop!" exclaims Bailey trying to wriggle free from Will's grasp. "How's Sarah?" asks Alma cautiously.Will sighs yet again. "I don't know, they haven't let us in to see her yet."

Just then Mr. and Mrs. Whittney stand and look at everyone else. "We're heading to the cafeteria for some coffee. Do you guys want anything? It might be a few hours until they let us see her." "No thank you, we'll be fine." says Molly quickly before Chloe and Zoey can ask for food. Sarah's parents leave and the room is silent.

"Everything going okay at Horseland?" asks Will trying to break the uneasy silence. "Cuz, stop worrying about Horseland, everything's fine. You should be more worried about your sweetheart-" Bailey quickly clamps his hand over his mouth, but the damage has already been done.

Will sighs and shakes his head, so much for keeping his feeling towards Sarah a secret. "Wait, why did Bailey say' 'your sweetheart?'" asks Chloe. "Yeah what are you hiding from us?" asks Zoey. Will sends Bailey a look that says 'You-are-so-gonna-get-it.' Bailey gulps. "Wait, is Bailey saying that...Will...you're in love...with...Sarah?" asks Alma bewildered. "He sure is." says Bailey patting Will's shoulder.

"Yes! I knew it!" cheers Regina. "What are you talking about?" asks Molly. "I had a feeling that you like Sarah Will. I can see it in the way you look at her. You love her, and I can tell you from personal knowledge that she feels the same way about you." Will looks up at Regina. "Are you being serious?" Regina nods her head. "Wait a second! You've only been here for 2 day, how can you and Sarah be that close already?" asks Zoey. "Sarah and I were really close growing up, until I had to move, but she still tells me everything through email." replies Regina.

Just then, a doctor comes down the corridor and stands in front of everyone. "Sarah Whittney?"

A/N: I'm sorry this is really short, but don't say I didn't warn you guys!