Chapter 9 Redemption

Sarah holds out her hand and Wildfire walks forward after Regina takes his halter off. He nuzzles her outstretched hand, and she strokes his face. "Good boy Wildfire." As Sarah pets Wildfire, Will sighs. That bad feeling he had that morning was wrong. Sarah's luck with Wildfire has turned. As Sarah pets him and he stands there with her, Wildfire's confidence grows.

"See? She's not hurting you, and you're not hurting her either." says Scarlet. "You're right I guess I can trust her, I just don't want to hurt her or anyone else ever again." Scarlet and Wildfire whinny joyfully together and in unison. Sarah turns to her and gives her a hug. "Thank you for always being there for me." she says and Scarlet hugs her back with her head.

                                                                           ~Later that Day~

"Do you think we can start Wildfire under saddle soon?" asks Regina. "Yeah, maybe tomorrow if he'll take to it." says Sarah as she sits down on the sofa next to Will across from Regina who sits in a stuffed chair between the empty fireplace, and the open the windows. When Sarah sits down, Will visibly relaxes, though he stares out the window towards the barn.

"Is everything okay Will?" asks Sarah with a concerned tone. "Yeah I just had this feeling when I woke up this morning that something bad was going to happen. But nothing has, and now I'm just trying to make sure I took care of everything." "You always do, so you're probably just psyching yourself out."

Will puts his arm around Sarah and she snuggles up closer to him. "Let us know of it gets too lovey-dovey over there for you Regina. Or you could always  com join us." calls Bailey from the other side of the common room in front of the TV with Alma, Molly, Chloe, and Zoey. Everyone laughs, but Will's laughter is cut short by a frantic whinny.

"JIMBER!" he yells then jumps up from the couch and runs out of the room. "Will wait!" calls Sarah running after him. Will runs to the barn, throws the doors open and turns on the lights. He goes over to Jimber's stall.

"What is it boy?" he asks petting his stallion. Jimber looks over at Aztec's stall and snorts. Will walks over, and sees Aztec standing in the back of his stall, favoring his right front leg. Will opens the stall as Sarah runs in. "Will! Is everything okay?" "I don't know go get Bailey and bring him out." "Okay Will."

As Sarah runs back to the house, Will walks into Aztec's stall. A few seconds later Bailey comes sprinting through the barn with Sarah right behind him. "How's Aztec? Is he okay?" Will doesn't answer as he is feeling Aztec's leg. "It's warm but not swollen. Did he stumble or trip at all today while you where riding today?" Bailey scratches the back of his neck. "Now that you mention it, he did stumble a few times, but never favored his leg."

"Well his hooves are a little longer than I'd like to see 'em. That probably caused him to stumble. Good thing the farrier's coming out tomorrow. I'll just wrap his legs and he'll be fine by tomorrow." "Okay, thanks Will, I'll go get the wraps."

As Bailey walks away, Sarah turns to Will. "I guess you were right with that feeling." "Wouldn't be the first time." Will grumbles. "What do you mean?" asks Sarah as she moves aside to let Bailey in the stall. "The day you got hurt I had a feeling that something bad was going to happen. Whether it was the storm or you getting hurt, I don't know. But-" "Cuz, I'm right here. Please. STOP." pleads Bailey.

Will and Sarah look at each other, Will winks at her, and they both laugh.