Chapter 6 Recovery

"Yes? How is she?" asks Will quickly, standing up along with Bailey. "Cuz let the man speak." says Bailey. "She's in stable condition, and will be fine in a few days. She sustained minor injuries and not be allowed to ride for a week after she is discharged from here. I will explain this to her as well, but I wanted you to know in case you have to enforce the rules."

"Can we see her yet?" asks Will. "I'm going to tell you to wait. Come back tomorrow when she's awake." This time everyone sighs. "Don't worry, she'll be fine. We just need to give her time to rest. Good day everyone." and with that, the doctor turns around and leaves in the same direction as which he originally came.

"Well I guess there's not much we can do now. Let's just go home I guess." says Regina. "Sounds like a good idea to me." says Zoey. "Same here." agrees Chloe. As they turn around to leave, Sarah's parents come back into the room.

"Where are you all going?" ask Mr. Whittney. "We talked to the doctor. He said that Sarah's in stable condition, has sustained minor injuries, and won't be able to ride for a week. They won't let us see her until tomorrow, to give her more time to rest." says Alma. Mrs. Whittney sighs looking more tired then when she first arrived. "Alright, well do any of you need rides home?" asks Mr. Whittney. "No thanks." "No we're good." "Our limo is coming." "I'm taking the bus." the voices all chorus back together in reply. "Alrighty then"

Will takes one last glance down the corridor, then leaves with Regina and Bailey.

                                                                      ~The Next Day~

Early in the morning a blonde haired girl awakens as the sun rises from the east. She slowly opens her eyes as the memories from the past 2 days flood her brain. She remembers the trail ride, reuniting with Regina, meeting Wildfire, working with him, a sharp pain in her back, and nothingness. Then Scarlet nuzzling her awake, and Will. Oh how she desperately wants to see Will's handsome face again. She'd fallen in love with him since the first day she arrived at Horseland. And her feelings had only blossomed as time went on.

She stays awake until the nurses come in to check on her and she dozes off again. This time when she wakes up, she notices an array of flowers, balloons, and cards adorn her room. Giving the white room some needed splashes of color. She also notices a blonde haired guy dressed in a black t-shirt and blue jeans, lounging in a chair staring out the window. She smiles when she realizes who it is and softly calls his name.

He looks up immediately and a smile full of relief, joy, happiness and love fills his face. He stumbles out of his chair as he crosses the room in seconds, wrapping her in a hug. Sarah hugs Will back with as much force as she can muster. But it is nothing compared to the delicate, tight grip he has on her. They break apart, and Will rests his forehead on hers. They look into eachother's eyes, both pairs filled with love.

"I've missed you so much, and so has Scarlet." "I know, and how's Scarlet and Wildfire doing?" "They're fine, but you should be more worried about yourself." "I'm fine Will, I'm not some little girl anymore." "I never said you were."

Just then, Will's cell phone rings, ruining the moment. He sighs, pulls out his phone, and stands back. "Hello? Yeah I'm with Sarah, yeah she's awake. *sigh* Alright I'll be right there. Bye." he hangs up and puts his head down.

Everything okay?" asks Sarah "Yeah I just need to go back to Horseland. Bailey's parents have to go somewhere and we can't leave Horseland unsupervised. I'm sorry." "Hey it's okay." says Sarah sitting up and only grimacing slightly. "I understand that you need to take charge." "I'll be back tomorrow." he says as he wraps Sarah in a hug again. "I'll be waiting." Says Sarah.

Before he leaves, Will places a small kiss on Sarah's forehead and they both blush as he departs.