Calm

It felt like I was falling, but in what directions, I wasn't sure. I couldn't see and when I tried to use fire nothing came. There was just the void. Suddenly I felt a jab. It wasn't anywhere on my body, but in my very being. My soul. I screamed but there was no sound. The grip tightened around my soul and I panicked not knowing what to do. I had never fought anything that would attack me on a mental/spiritual level, nor did I have any magic that could really counter it. But even if I had no way to counter, I wouldn't give up. Having enough determination can sometimes be enough. The pain was spreading to my whole body. I could feel the essences of my magic rush and fight against whatever was trying to pull it out of my body. When I felt like I was about to crack it disappeared, and a bright light shone through. There was a voice. Mom? Dad? My soulmates? Whoever it was, I couldn't help but feel relieved. Then the light completely replaced the darkness.

"Hello? Can you hear me?"

It wasn't a voice I recognised. I opened my eyes, only to be blinded by the green hues of a lush forest. I remembered falling from the sky after having been enveloped by darkness. But not the darkness of this dream? Or was it? I remembered the grip on my soul, but that had been after I fell. I wasn't sure.
"Ah, thank god you're alive. For a moment I thought they had gotten you"
She must mean the shadow creature, but... I opened my eyes again and forced myself up. I was laying on soft moss and here smelled like pines and tree sap. Next to was a girl.. a woman? It was unclear how old she was.
"Who are you? Where am I?"
"My name is Luina and you're in my forest. Well, it's technically not mine, but there aren't anyone else around"
I fall back onto the moss and stare at the tree tops high above. This looks to be a normal pinewood forest, but something is off. The sounds, the way the light reflects, maybe there's even something off in the smell. I grew up near pine trees, and every summer my parents would take me to the mystical forests of Sweden.
"Let's get you somewhere nicer. I have a lot to tell you, but you need to be well rested"
She helps me up, and I now notice we're on top of a weird rock formation which floats about three meters off the ground.
"Whoah. How..."
"Floating islands are normal for this planet, but you pulled this one straight from the ground. That is some impressive power"
"Wait what"
"As I said. I have a lot to tell you"
She jumped down and I followed, keeping my balance steady despite feeling like the ground was moving. As we walked I noticed a larger island floating around in the distance. Yep, I'm definitely not on earth. But how did I get here? I wasn't trapped that long inside the darkness was I?

Luina lived inside a strange rock formation in a forest clearing. It had a mechanical door, and she put her hand on a scanner to open it. However inside it looked far from as technical as the door. It was just a home. The floor was covered with carpets which were neatly placed so they wouldn't overlap, the walls were made of rock and had pretty paintings hanging here and there. It was a two room living space, with the second one just being the bathroom. She planted me on her bed couch and offered me food and drinks. After everything that had happened I just wanted to know what she had to tell me, but she was right. I was also really exhausted. So much had happened these last few days, it was insane. I drank some water and ate some strange, red fruit meat Luina gave me, before I laid down and closed my eyes.

A/N

So yea, updates will be every second week on Fridays. Hope you all will like this one as much as the first one 💚🧡