Chapter 4

So now I'm going to see if I am really meant to be with Len.

I'm fidgeting in my desk in health class, feeling super nervous about the agreements I made with Len.

He wants to prove that dating him won't be a mistake, and I feel slightly bad for causing him to try this in the first place. If I just trusted myself to fall in love this would be a lot easier.

But I'm not like that.

Teto must have picked up on my uncomfortableness and she tried to get my attention.

"Hey Rin, you doing ok?"
I looked up from my lap.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine." I respond sheepishly.

I could tell by her face that she didn't completely believe me but she faced the front of the classroom one again.

I sighed in frustration.
I don't understand how some girls can be confident enough to have so many boyfriends, I mean I'm just having a difficult time with one guy liking me!

I push away my thoughts and look over to the clock to be reminded of my daily routine.

Len!!
He's going to want me to sneak out early again!!

I bet he's going to try to swoon me when I meet up with him.. but I can't just ignore him, that's not what a good best friend would do. Plus he might try to hold my hand again.....

Ugg Rin think reasonably here!

Well I guess I should go and meet up with him again. It's the kind thing to do.
_________________________

Outside of my classroom, just as I expected, Len was standing there.

"Rin! You actually are willing to join me?"

I shrugged.

"Well we are best friends so I can't just ditch you..." I respond.

"Well that's good," he replies as he starts heading down the hallway. "I was worried that things would start to get awkward now.."
I nod in response.

Silence

Nothing but the sound of our feet stepping through the hallways.

Even though this is awkward for me to not be chatting with Len, at least he's being kind and not trying to pull anything on me...

But now everything seems different, I mean I can't even hold a conversation with him anymore...

"Rin? Are you ok?"

I find myself too deep in my thoughts and I somehow grabbed onto Len's hand while we were walking, and I was squeezing it pretty hard.

I freak out from figuring out what I did.

"Oh my God! I-I had no idea I was holding your hand!" I start spazzing like an idiot.

"Shhh calm down Rin!" Len says motioning towards me. "we can't be too loud or else we'll get in trouble for leaving our class early."

I stop spazzing out like an idiot and agree.

--------------------------

We finally reached Len's classroom, by now the bell dismissing 2nd hour had already rung so all the kids were throughout the school and I was heading to my third hour.

Although, for some reason the hallways look pretty empty.

And that's when the third hour bell rang.

"Craaaaaapppp!! I took too long!!!"

I start running down the hallway trying to make it to my class.

Ugg if only I didn't waste so much time freaking out over Len's hand then I wouldn't be in this situation.

As I was running a thought came to me, why did I even grab his hand in the first place? Maybe it wasn't me, maybe it might have been Len grabbing my hand when I wasn't paying attention.

Ugg he was trying to make a move on me.

I finally reached my classroom and I snuck into my seat which is luckily in the back. I got in unnoticed.

If this keeps happening between the two of us, how will I ever get used to being in Len's presence.

I put my face down on my desk in defeat.