Chapter 5

After school, I decided to walk to Dairy Queen since I had some cash on me. I felt like I needed a frozen dessert after this long day.

As I walked into the store, I almost groaned from the person in my view.

Of course Len would be here, why not?

I try to pretend like I don't see him and head to the counter to order, but my efforts are in vain.

"Hey Rin! What are you doing here?" Len says sliding right into the space in front of me.

He's grinning super huge and it's almost scary.

Something I didn't notice when I walked in, was that Len was here with all of his guy friends, and they were all sitting in a booth, snickering about the scene unfolding.

I shot them a glare and they suddenly hid behind the booth seats. Then I turned back to Len.

"What is this some sort of dare?"

Len looks genuinely shocked.

"What? No!" He says, "They're just immature losers who need to GET A LIFE."

He said the last part louder so his cowering buddies could hear.

"Ok well I'm going to go get an ice cream and be on my way."
I say with a sigh.

"Wait," Len puts a hand on my shoulder startling me. "Why don't you hang out with us for a while?"

I think for a moment, then let out a dreadful sigh.

"Fine.... Just for a little bit."

Len got super happy and started grinning like a puppy.

"Yay!! I'm so glad you want to stick around with us!!" Len cheers.
_________________

So I finally get my cone and walk over to the booth.

And the only open seat is next to Len.

"Oooo Lenny, looks like your girlyfriend has to sit next to you~" Len's friend Piko coos.

"Hehe yeah." Len replies awkwardly.

I ignore them and lick my ice cream.

"Wait Piko," Kaito mentions. "I heard that miss Rinny here turned him down."

I turn in Kaito's direction in shock from his words.

Len is now looking down in embarrassment, not saying a word.

This slightly makes me mad.

"Hey, he took it pretty well and we're still great friends!" I argue.

"Yeah, but your still pretty awful for Turing him down in the first place." Yuma says in response.

I'm shocked by how cruel these guys are being. But I will be strong.

"Yeah, how can someone be so harsh as to turn down their closest friend." Kaito says.

I feel my emotions tearing at me from inside, wanting to be released, but I hold back.

Maybe Len will defend me! I look to Len only to be disappointed. He's facing the window trying to avoid my eyes.

"Len don't you think your friends are being a bit harsh?" I ask him.

But all he does is lower his gaze almost like he's pretending I didn't say anything.

"See!" I hear Kaito chime in behind me. "He was actually pretty upset with how cruelly you treated him, your like a monster."

I feel tears welling up in my eyes as I asks Len in a shaky voice.

"D-do you really a-agree with them?" I ask almost afraid for the answer.

Len looks at me with a upset expression, and that's when I snap.

Tears are flowing and Len's face turns into a surprised one.

"HOW CAN YOU SO THIS TO ME!!" I scream and rush out the door.

I hear Len calling for me to come back but it's too late, I'm already gone.

_________________
Crying from embarrassment and betrayal, I run down the streets trying to get as far away from Len and possible

I run out of energy from running and I sit on a nearby park bench, sobbing into my hands.

I should have known that he was still upset from me turning him down. I can't believe he let his friends say those awful things.

I rub my eyes and look up to be met with the surprising view of Len running towards me.

I can't believe he followed me! And all this way!

"Rin? Where are you?" He shouted and then notices me on the bench.

I saw him look at me so I tried to run away again but he grabbed my arm.

"Rin stop! Just let me explain!" He started.

"No!! I screamed, " you're the worst! You just let your friends attack me like that!"

"Rin I meant to stop them I just didn't know how!!" He said and he turned me around to face him.

"But I'm not mad at your for not liking me back! And I'm sorry my friends were such assholes to you."

I huffed averting my gaze from him.

"Rin please, I didn't mean for this to happen! I treasure this friendship too much to let this incident ruin it!" Len begged.

I didn't know what to do, Len wouldn't stop apologizing and I wasn't going to be released from his grip anytime soon.

So I let my heart make the decision.

I pressed my lips into Len's causing him to shut up.

I could tell that the kiss took him off guard, but he soon melted into it.

So for a moment there was silence and pure bliss. Me and Len were able to to convey our feelings for each other through a simple lip lock.

I was glad I made this choice.

We finally broke apart, and Len stared at me trying to find words.

"So y-you actually like m-me back?" Len said in shock.

I nodded, and Len slowly formed the biggest grin I've ever seen on his face.

I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck tilting into another kiss.

And Len happily went along with it.

This was a real relief for me because my questions have been answered!

I finally know how I feel about Len!

I love him with all my heart!