Chapter 2

After tonight i went straight to Miku's house and spilled everything.

"So that's all that happened?" Miku asked concerned.

It's almost midnight so we are both sitting in Miku's living room with only the light of a nearby desk lamp. Miku is wearing her pjs because I ran over here right after she finished her shower.

And now I'm explaining my whole situation to her.

"Well sort of except for the part of meetting you here." I answered her.

Then my aqua haired friend asked me the question that i was worried that she would ask.

"So does this mean you guys are together now?"

I sat there not knowing the answer myself.

After Len kissed me in that cafe he must have noticed how I was too shocked to kiss back. he pulled away and looked at me.

His face just seemed so broken when I looked at him. Before he could say anything I was ruining off to Miku to figure everything out.

"I don't know, he probably hates me know, I... I feel so terrible. what's wrong with me?"

Miku leaned over and gave me a hug while stroking my short blond hair.

I wish I knew if I liked Len like that, I don't want to rush into a relationship to just get crushed. I never really thought about Len being anything besides a friend.

Only now, I have to watch Len get hurt, because of me.

I can't stand it.

____________________

When I got home I ran up to my room, slammed the door shut and plopped down on my bed.

I had a huge knot in my throat and I just wanted to let my tears spill over.

But why should I cry?

Because you're an idiot and you mess with your best friends feelings.

I couldn't take it anymore. I let my tears flow freely, with quiet sobs I lay on my bed clutching a pillow.

Until my phone rang.

I rubbed my sore puffy eyes and clicked my phone on.

-incoming call. Len Kagamine-

Reluctantly I pressed the talk button.

"H-hello?" I sniffed.

"Rin... I-m sorry that I made you uncomfortable last night.... I didn't mean to- I don't know what came over me..." I heard Len sniff in the background. he must have been crying.

I feel like my heart could stop working because of the pain he is in.

That I caused.

"Rin?" Len questioned as his voice cracked. "are you still there." he sounded like he was going to cry again.

I'm just sitting here unable to speak.

Then he spoke up again.

"W-well if you don't want to t-talk to me anymore that's... f-f-fine." Len choked again.  "I guess I totally s-screwed up our friendship then. I won't bother you at school a-anymore if that's what you want..."

He paused for a moment. What he said next made my heart stop.

"J-just remember that I have always loved you Rin Kagamine a-and I always will.... goodbye...."

Before he hung up I could hear to sound of quiet sobs escaping Len's throat.

What. have. I . DONE!

___________________________

Len's Pov

I called Rin hoping that I could work our situation out, but she still must be mad at me. She hasn't spoken a word to me sense she ran out of that cafe.

So as you can guess, after a day has gone by, I'm sitting in my sixth class period and I haven't even seen Rin.

Why did I have to try to pass the friends zone? I totally fucked up our relationship.

After this class, I have seventh hour with her.

My emotions are so screwed

I should be paying attention to this lecture but I'm too caught up in my own thoughts.

Until I'm hit in the back of the head.

I turn to see where it came from, and Gakupo nods his head motioning to me to read the note that I was pelted with.

'Hey r u going to watch the soccer game with us?'

I quick write down a reply and toss the paper back to my purple haired friend.

'No I'm not really up for it today sry'

He reads the note and looks shocked. Then he scribbles down another message.

'Why? you always want to watch the games, you could even bring Rin!'

Having him mention Rin made me feel a knot in my throat, but I quick shook it off and sent another paper message.

'Well things between us aren't going very well right now so that why I need some time alone.'

Gakupo nods and sends another message flying my way.

'Fine Kagamine, but if you ever decide u need some cheering up, we'll be at the soccer game.'

After I read the message I nod back to Him and he did the same. Then the bell rang.

I started pick up my things and heading out the door.

Well now there is no way out of it...

I have to face Rin again.

___________________

I entered my last classroom to be attacked by Neru.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY POOR RINNY YOU FRICKING SWINE!!!!"

Neru starts clawing at me as I struggle to break free.

"Neru! Calm down!!! Let me explain- AAHHHH!"

She sunk her razor sharp nails into my skin and it hurt like living hell.

"Neru get off him, there is no reason to be attacking him."

I look past Neru to who's voice I just heard. It was none other than Rin Kagami herself.

Only she looked more upset and she was hiding her face from me.

"Come on Neru we should sit down before we get in trouble."

The way Rin spoke. It was dull and monotonous. I felt like it wasn't even here talking.

But it was her.

And now I have made her upset and I regret it with all my heart.