Magic Hands

The day was quiet.

There were branches in the gentle and cool wind that swiveled around, pink soft petals falling from sakura trees, nature was at it's finest.

Along with the fine view of the green environment, there were also small kids playing on a basketball court, shooting and performing failed trick shots as they laughed and giggled as their winter break was longer than most of the schools in Japan.

Their little games went on and on early in the morning as they played 'Colt' or 'Gotcha' when one of the children finds someone familiar walking among the sidewalk parallel to the court. He points at the figure, "Look! It's him!"

Insert our favorite main character, a high schooler as he was bouncing an orange ball on the pavement. His h/c was also bobbing along with the pigskin, a black headband around his forehead as his s/c hands threw the ball between his legs or behind his back. He would struggle a bit since his duffel and his school bag hung around his shoulders, but it could be used to practice in the game as he hums softly to his favorite song.

"Magic Hands!" A boy calls for him, his e/c eyes shines under the sun as he finds a group of children huddling close with one of them sticking a ball out to him. "Dunk for us! Please?" They pleaded innocently, he wasn't one to say 'no' to a kid as he smirks softly and dropped his bags and ball on the court.

He grabs the kids' basketball and started himself at the three point arc. He starts to warm up, a dress shirt and pants were not ideal to hoop but Y/n doesn't mind as he starts running towards the basketball.

Then with a great lead in the air, the kids watched in awe at his amazing skills. He threw the ball between his legs and before they knew it,

Slam!

Y/n lands on the ground, the sound of the ball hitting the rim and dropping through the net emits in everyone's ears as the boy could see the jaws of the children on the ground. But he laughs softly, picking his bags up from the court and made his leave from the park. "I'll see you kids later..." he said before he starts dribbling his way to school.

"...He was so cool!"

"I know! He jumped so high and did the 'between the legs' dunk!"

"I wanna be just like him when I grow up!"

"..."

Now we're back with the main character who continued his journey on the sidewalk, bouncing the ball once more between his legs and around his back. He would do a trick or two in the process, impressing a few bystanders passing by while keeping to himself.

The walk was quiet and short, soon Y/n made it to his school as he walked along the walls of the campus. He sighs, knowing what's to come next.

"Yo, Y/n!" Someone unknown to him shouts as all eyes were on him. Then a handful of the arriving students comes crowding to him, not a large group but enough to make Y/n feel a hit overwhelmed.

He does what he usually do, grab his earbuds from his pocket and ignores the sounds from the outside world. A song plays, his favorite as he continues to dribble around with an audience following behind him.

If you could not tell already from his earlier encounter, Y/n was well known in his city. He's called "Magic Hands" because of his amazing dribbling skills and shooting talent, especially with his iconic dunks.

The crowd continues, Y/n knows this was nearly a weekly thing after a game from another high school. There would always be some kind of overhyped highlight Y/n made he believes and it would just bring in more attention that he needs.