Yotsuba, My Best Friend

The third day of Y/n's special week.

What was the third day of?

Today was Friday, another day of summer break as Y/n was spending it by going to the basketball court to shoot some hoops. But he wasn't going to ball alone.

He has someone new to meet, walking into the park now and towards the basketball court where a figure was putting on her shoes.

Yes, the special occasion for Y/n in this long summer break was to visit the girl and play some basketball. Not that Y/n minded a bit as he takes a step on the pavement and saw a pair of sky blue eyes darting his way.

"Y/nnn!~" the redhead smiles happily and grabs the boy into a hug. He was taken by surprise but used a hand to hug back while the other still gripped tightly at his bag.

"Hey, Yotsuba..."

Yotsuba, the girl he found lets go as she still had that bright and contagious smile still on her face. "Ready to practice?"

The boy nods softly. "Yeah... Just gotta put on my shoes and we'll be good..."

"Okay!~" Yotsuba exclaims excitedly before skipping back to her bag and start stretching on the ground. Y/n followed behind, setting his things next to her and slipped into his basketball shoes fitted for the outdoor court and head to one of the lines.

Y/n does his stretches. He ran some lines and did a variety of dynamic stretches and whatnot as his friend continues to stretch on the ground, doing a few yoga poses in the process until the two finishes.

Then it came down to some drills. They weren't difficult as Y/n and Yotsuba do some fundamental passes and dribbling techniques that the boy excelled greatly in.

Behind the back, between the legs, crossovers, there was nothing that Y/n couldn't do with the ball as it hits the pavement repeatedly.

He was loving it, his face didn't show it but it was a little fun to show off his moves and impress the girl with his technical hands.

But now it came to shooting.

Doink!

Doink!

This is a drill that Y/n despised the most. A skill he's not good at specifically as a hundred percent of his shots he goes for we're missed.

Yotsuba had no problem with this drill as almost every made field goal would be a satisfying swish. She was loving it as she does a few more shot techniques into it like the euro step, layup, or a small fadeaway.

She was loving it. That is until she stops to catch her breath and watch the boy continue on with the drill.
Y/n missed nearly every shot as Yotsuba sees his struggle

Doink!

Doink!

Poomf!

Y/n would continue to miss his shots until he would get the ball stuck on the rim again. He doesn't even complain, he runs and jumps into the air and punches it out and chases for it.

The redhead takes a good look at Y/n, including his jumpshot as she could see the problem right away.

"Y/n..."

"Yeah?" The boy kept himself from shooting another shot as he finds her approaching the boy with her own ball in her hands. "I can see why you're missing..."

"Are you just here to rub it in my face?"

"No... Here..."

Yotsuba positions her hands on the ball and shows it to the h/c. "Hold the ball like this..."

The boy tries to copy her grip but could not after a few attempts. She smiles softly, "Let me help you, Y/n..."

Then she gets behind the boy, peeking over his shoulders as she guides each hand to each of it's designated position. She holds his hands for a good while, earning a blush that the girl could not see as she gives him a few more tips on holding the basketball.

"Once you get that down, you jump, flick your d/s wrist, and follow through... You got it?"

"Y-Yeah..." Y/n managed to stutter out before taking what Yotsuba had said to practice.

"Jump... Flick... Follow..."

"...Jump... Flick... Follow..."

...Fwoosh...

...Flick...

...

...Swish...

The anticipated sound he thought wasn't possible for him.

All it took was a swift move and a little more technique in his shots as found the ball soaring into the air and sunk into the basket with a pleasing swish. His eyes were wide as he still was at a disbelief that he was the one that made this shot. 

"You did it, Y/n!" He heard his friend congratulate him with a heartwarming hug from behind. Y/n couldn't help but blush at her sudden gesture.

"Yeah... Thanks..."

He was grateful nonetheless. Who knew if Y/n was able to make a shot at all if it weren't for Yotsuba as she still hugged him from behind, giggling and smiling as she takes a good glance at the boy's flustered face.

"Anytime, Y/n!~" she replied before the two continued to practice and play.

...Yotsuba was a little different now.

She wasn't practicing or playing as hard as Y/n was, seeing him so eager to shoot a shot now as he doesn't stop the constant net screams he was able to make consistently.

Swish!

Swish!

Swish!

The girl smiles softly once more.

You're doing great, Y/n...

The girl continues to watch him as he was focused more and more into his shooting techniques and dribbling combos, almost never missing as the girl soften her look at the boy.

...I'm glad that you decided to come back and play again...