21.

Weeks have past, my mother went back home, and we haven't been able to see Ethan a lot because he is studying for midterms. Isabelle is enjoying school and is having play dates with fellow classmates every weekend. Sometimes it is just me and the other parent and other times Ethan will join us. I have noticed he hasn't been dressing the way he normally does. Lately he has been in long shirts and jeans I wonder what has caused this change. I am not gonna lie I miss the small pieces of skin that would show with his crop tops.

We have made a plan to see each other today and I truly hope that we can spread time with each other. I don't have work so I am home alone until I have to go grab Isabelle. I hear a knock at my door and I open the door to see I guy I don't know wearing a black suit.
(Guy): "Hello, is this the Blake Stone resistance?"
(Blake): "I am Blake Stone. What is this about?"
(Guy): "You have been served."

He hands me a blank white envelope and walks away. I watch confuse after the guy until I can no longer see him. I close the door and open the white envelope.

Inside are papers for custody of Isabelle. I look at the papers in disbelief how can she apply for
Custody of a child she has only met once? How can she even call herself Isabell's mother? She knows
nothing about Isabelle.

I immediately throw the envelope on my table and call my lawyer to let him know what is going on, if he doesn't already.

(Blake): "Hey, Haze this is a ridiculous Cassidy has filed to take custody of Isabelle. I just got served papers. I was wondering if you could come by tomorrow for dinner and we can talk."
(Haze): "Of course I can come over. You need to calm down before you go get Isabelle. Don't let her see her favorite person mad. I'll see you guys tomorrow"
(Blake): "I can't ever thank you enough for everything you have done for us Haze."
(Haze): "I do this cause Isabelle deserves her dad."
(Haze): "Oh and Blake... she has absolutely no chance of winning this so don't worry."
(Blake): "I know but it pisses me off that she is even trying this. What am I supposed to do if she just shows up and tells Isabelle that she is her mother. I'm not sure I can keep my cool."
(Haze): "Isabelle is a smart girl you have taught and raised her right she won't be won over that easily."

I smile and nod even though I know he can't see me. We say our byes and I have officially calmed down enough to go get Isabelle from school. I message Ethan on my way to her school to see if he is free for dinner. He surprisingly replies yeah pretty fast. I give him details as I walk through the gates of the school. I spot Isabelle and she instantly come full speed toward me. I catch her in my arms and spin her around.

I set Isabelle down so she can play while I speak to her teacher about who is allowed to pick her up.
(Blake): "Hello, I want to give you three names beside myself who are allowed to pick up Isabelle. If they can't show proof of who they are please don't allow her to leave with them."

I hand her a paper with my mother's, Ethan's, Haze's first and last name. She looks over it and smiles
(Teacher): "No problem Mr. Stone. Isabelle was excellent today you have a wonderful daughter."

This makes me smile and nod to her

(Blake): "Oh and I've already left a copy of this with the office just in case. I really appreciate you taking the time to make sure she goes home with the right person."

She nods and pats my shoulder before talking to another parent. I take Isabelle's hand and start our walk home.

(Blake): "Oh my beautiful daughter guess who is coming to dinner tomorrow.?"
(Isabelle): "PRINCE!!!!????"
(Blake): "Yes but, there is another person coming too."
(Isabelle): "Oh oh oh Uncle hazey"

I laugh and say yes.
As soon as we make it into the door she runs upstairs to pick out her outfit for her prince. I make my way to the table and put the envelope away. I start on a snack for her and start prepping dinner. We can probably fit in a movie before I have to start dinner.
I will not let Cassidy ruin my daughters life with stress and stupid lies.
My daughter will always know that I have done my best to make her childhood happy and full of love.