||Chapter 9||

❈_-*-_❈_-*-_❈_-*-_❈

(1225 words)

*-_❈(Y/N)'s POV❈_-*

"So (Y/N)-san, what were you and Uzui-san talking about earlier in Art class?" Rengoku asked curiously. Oh no, I don't want to talk about this- "Yeah what's with Kamado-Kun (Y/N)-chan? Almost everyone heard you at Art class" Shinobu said with her same gentle smile.

"(Y/N)-chan Tell us! Please! Do you have a crush on Kamado-Kun?" Mitsuri asked, excited about how I'll answer her question. "Well, I-" "Isn't it obvious? (L/N)-san keeps eyeing Kamado during Art class." Uzui said as he appeared out of nowhere. He sat beside me while putting his arm around my shoulder joining in our conversation.

"I was just trying to tell her how hot it was then BOOM she interrupted me yelling 'why would I think Tanjiro is hot!'" he mimicked, mocking what I said in a high-pitched voice while Shinobu and Mitsuri laughed at him.

"Uwaaaaah! (Y/N)-chan like Kamado-Kun! OMG-" "NO- no! Guys just hear me out!" I interrupted Mitsuri by putting one of my hands on her mouth while my other hand was removing Uzui's arm that was hanging around my shoulder.

Mitsuri gave me a thumbs up signaling she was ready to listen while Shinobu stopped laughing. Obanai didn't care about what was happening so he just put on his earphones and started to scroll through his phone.

"Ok first thing first I don't like Tanjiro and second we're nothing but childhood friends who didn't see each other for years until now. I just found out he also attended this school but... he isn't the Tanjiro I knew and I have no idea why he's like that." I said as my voice cracked as I held back tears.

There was a quick moment of silence between us before Shinobu spoke up. "(Y/N)-chan.... He- he wasn't like this until... his family.." the moment I noticed how the aura around us changed, I was afraid about what she would say next.

Shinobu sighed before finishing her sentence "until his family got killed all except Nezuko. He became more aggressive, more unpleasant, mischievous, mean, and cold to us." I couldn't believe it... I was shaking as I remembered all the memories I had with them.

All those days where Mrs. Kamado would give me cookies and other little things and Mr. Kamado who was like a father to me but now their kindness they've shown me is no more.

*-_❈No one's POV❈_-*

After you heard about what happened to the Kamados you were thinking about the whole thing spacing out during lessons and zoning out wishing you could've been there by Tanjiros side when he needed a shoulder to cry on. 'It must've been hard for him without his parents' you thought.

You were the type of person who loved to take part in fun activities during class and sometimes talk to your friends when you're supposed to be doing work. ( *cough* me *cough*) But today was very different since you were spaced most of the time and looked a little dull. Of course, everyone did notice it especially Tanjiro who was surprisingly a bit worried about you.

*-_❈(Y/N)'s POV❈_-*

"Oi (Y/N).."

I groaned when I felt someone tapping my shoulder, who's even calling my name at night...?

"Hey, wake up already." a voice said while shaking me lightly.

"Hiro...? Why are you awake? It's late, you should sleep." I mumbled quietly while I got into a comfortable position on my desk to sleep again.

...

About a minute passed and then I realized that I was still in class and not at home. My eyes shoot open and I quickly sit up to see the Shinazugawa brothers. They were both holding brooms indicating that it was the end of the day.

"Who the fuck is Hiro?" Sanemi asked with a confused look on his face. "Nevermind whatever that was.... Now that you finally woke up, class is over." He added before turning around and sweeping the class floor.

"You should ge-get back home" Genya said a little flustered while avoiding eye contact with me. 'Huh...? OH! I slept till the end of the day didn't I.' I thought while looking at the room. Everyone in class went home except the assigned students for cleanup duty today: Aoi, Murata, Sabito, Genya, Sanemi, and Mitsuri but she's not here?

"You slept in our last class with Mr. Gyuutaro, you really don't remember miss ''WHY wOUlD I ThINk KaMADo iS hOt" or Tanjiro whatever." Sabito said laughing which kind of pissed me off. I mean he WAS mocking me.

"(L/N)-san are you okay? You seem to be not doing very well lately." Aoi asked as she put the back of her hand on my forehead. "SHE'S CRAVING FOR KAMA-"

"THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE CONCERN um *ahem* Kanzaki-san but don't worry I'm just sleepy that's all! Haha...." I interrupted Sabito before he said something he would probably regret. My eyes soon drifted to the clock... wait, it's 4:22 pm?

My eyes then turned to the door that was being slightly opened, revealing mitsuri's pink head who was mouthing something to me. It only took me about a second to realize she was mouthing me to leave the classroom quickly. Hold on... Is she trying to escape cleaning duty?

"Mitsuri *sigh* come here and take this broom. Let's try to finish cleaning the classroom so we can go home early." Murata said. How did she know Mitsuri was peeking through the door?! Actually, nevermind her hair gives it away.

"But Murata-Kun I don't think I'm-" "No buts Kanjori-san! You're gonna clean whether you like it or not." Aoi said, cutting Mitsuri off as she shoved the broom in Mitsuri's face.

"HAH, YOU THINK YOU CAN ESCAPE YOU PINK-HAIRED BI-"

"SHUT THE HELL UP OLD MAN!"

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING ME OLD MAN!?"

I stood up and stretched my body since I was sitting all day. I then took my bag and swung it over my shoulder. "Alright, I'll be waiting outside for you Mitsuri." I said as I walked out of the classroom.

When I was outside the class I saw Tomioka and a girl who was around 16-17. I guess they were waiting for Sabito to finish up. I decided to go say hi to them.

"Hey, Tomioka-san." He and the girl beside him turned their heads towards me. "Hi" was all Tomioka said, though that's how he said hi to everyone anyways. "Who's this girl?" I asked him while looking at the girl.

"Hi there, I'm Makomo, a Grade 10 student." she said as she gave me a closed-eye smile. 'OH MY GOD SHE'S SO CUTE' "Nice to meet you Makomo-chan. I'm (Y/N)... are you Tomioka's little sister or...?" I asked, a little confused since they looked alike in a way.

"Oh! No, I'm a friend of his." she said, after that we talked for a little. I enjoyed talking with her since she talked pretty maturely, unlike some students in her grade that I've encountered. They talked and acted like 3rd graders.

"(Y/N)-chan!" I heard my friend Mitsuri calling my name so I turned to see Mtisuri running straight towards us. Once she reached us she saw the girl next to me and looked a little surprised. "Makomo-chan!?" she added and gave Makomo a tight hug making Makomo wheeze as her lungs were squeezed.